Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passed 70-299

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Passed 70-299

    Just a few minutes ago I passed Microsoft exam 70-299
    30 questions and I got about 2 hours of time.
    I've finished it in less then a hour.
    I found it rather easy however it took me a bit more preparation time.
    I know quite a lot of ipsec and ca's however I don't use it quite a lot.
    I practiced quite a lot in my vmware environment to make sure i knew enough.

    Strange thing though is that the questions and book are still talking about sus while I'll expected Wsus.

    However, I've passed the exam with a score of 1000 points.
    3 more to go and I'm a MCSE 2003 + Security

    The exams I planned to do is in the following list. The exams which I've passed are marked in green:
    • 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional
    • 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
    • 70-291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    • 70-293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    • 70-294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
    • 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    • 70-299 Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    • 70-350 Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

    MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

    "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"


  • #2
    Re: Passed 70-299

    Congrats, not long now eh?!
    cheers
    Andy

    Please read this before you post:


    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Passed 70-299

      Congrats Dumber , Nice score too. Couldn't you get more points?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

      ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

      SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Passed 70-299

        Congratulations :singlemalt:
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Passed 70-299

          Thanks all.

          @ Andy: Well after this I'm still not done.
          I want also to become a MCITP: Enterprise Administrator and I want to earn CCSP.
          Afther that I think I might have an headace

          @ L4ndy: Well I tried to get an higher score but all my bars on the print-out are full.
          So I believe it wasn't possible.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

          MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

          "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Passed 70-299

            Congratulations!
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Passed 70-299

              Originally posted by Dumber View Post
              Just a few minutes ago I passed Microsoft exam 70-299
              30 questions and I got about 2 hours of time.
              I've finished it in less then a hour.
              I found it rather easy however it took me a bit more preparation time.
              I know quite a lot of ipsec and ca's however I don't use it quite a lot.
              I practiced quite a lot in my vmware environment to make sure i knew enough.

              Strange thing though is that the questions and book are still talking about sus while I'll expected Wsus.

              However, I've passed the exam with a score of 1000 points.
              3 more to go and I'm a MCSE 2003 + Security


              The exams I planned to do is in the following list. The exams which I've passed are marked in green:
              • 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional
              • 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
              • 70-291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
              • 70-293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
              • 70-294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
              • 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
              • 70-299 Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
              • 70-350 Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004
              Congrads man 3 more and you are there
              MCITP: EA

              MCITP: SA

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Passed 70-299

                Thanks all. Hopefully I'm an MCSE within 4-6 weeks.
                70-298 is next. I heard that the design exams are very though.
                But i'm not that scared.
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

                MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

                "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Passed 70-299

                  Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                  Thanks all. Hopefully I'm an MCSE within 4-6 weeks.
                  70-298 is next. I heard that the design exams are very though.
                  But i'm not that scared.
                  Well done!

                  Thanks for beating up on it for me. IPSec and CA's are not my strong point, thus the repeated failings. And your next exam is going to be... ?
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                  -------------------------------
                  Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                  Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                  Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                  Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Passed 70-299

                    You're welcome Nonapeptide
                    Next stop: 70-298 the Security Design exam
                    Marcel
                    Technical Consultant
                    Netherlands
                    http://www.phetios.com
                    http://blog.nessus.nl

                    MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

                    "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Passed 70-299

                      congratulations, mate!

                      Please don't tell me the design one's a killer though - it's the only one I've got left to do too. Would have had it done last week but that horrible thing called work got in the way to the tune of 100hrs OT Anyway, good luck with it.
                      This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Passed 70-299

                        Yeah well..
                        My colleague told that every Design exam from MS is though.
                        However I have to admit till now only 70-299 has given me some headache
                        Marcel
                        Technical Consultant
                        Netherlands
                        http://www.phetios.com
                        http://blog.nessus.nl

                        MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

                        "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Passed 70-299

                          Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                          Yeah well..
                          My colleague told that every Design exam from MS is though.
                          However I have to admit till now only 70-299 has given me some headache
                          I've found the design ones to be generally easier than the admin ones from past experience so fingers crossed the theme carries on
                          This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X