Passed 70-291

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-291

Today I passed 70-291 as the second exam with a score of 936 points.
    47 questions where 1 of them was a simulator.

I have to say, for me it was quite easy
    However, if you don't have experience with RRAS, IPSEC, WSUS (don't know which version) IIS and DNS it can be quite hard.

The exams I planned to do is in the following list. The exams which I've passed are marked in green:
    • 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional
    • 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
    • 70-291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    • 70-293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
    • 70-294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
    • 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    • 70-299 Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    • 70-350 Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004

Next stop, ISA server, probably next week.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Re: Passed 70-291

Keep it up mate. This must be costing you a fortune, unless work are paying

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hmmm it's not that expensive.
      My work is paying the exam vouchers
      Exam vouchers costs about 70 euros (we getting a nice discount).

Also we have a lab environment at work so if I really need to test something out, I can do that.
      Books are at my own cost because I don't want to share them with collegues i don't know but they cost about 40 euros a book..

I don't follow any of the courses from Microsoft, because I don't think I need them
      Last edited by Dumber; 4th July 2008, 13:00.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

Well done mate, nearly there.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks
          I believe I tamed "the Beast".
          It's called the beast right?
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
            Thanks
            I believe I tamed "the Beast".
            It's called the beast right?
            ::scratches head::

Not quite sure what you're making reference to. If you're speaking in reference to an MCSE... it's called a "Paper Tiger".
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Me a Paper tiger??? I think you missed something
              I review some CBT nuggets and what I don't understand I look it up in the book.
              However I have quite a few years of experience

No what I have heard some time ago was that 70-216 was one of the hardest exams of Windows 2000.
              Later on I heard that 70-291 was even more hard then 70-216, also called the beast.
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands

Comment

No what I have heard some time ago was that 70-216 was one of the hardest exams of Windows 2000.
                Later on I heard that 70-291 was even more hard then 70-216, also called the beast.
                I get it now. I never heard that about those exams. I took the 291 a while ago, back when I was still pretty green, and didn't find it to be terribly difficult. Strangely enough, the 70-270 was the hardest one so far. Huge amount of questions, many of them seemed out of the scope of what I thought the exam objectives were.

BTW, I never suspected that you were a paper tiger.
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                -------------------------------
                Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

i DO AGREE, 216 was the hardest exam for me as well, but I belive 291 is bit easier , but again I belive it was easier because i spent more time on learning it

Comment

216 was a beast of an exam, well i thought so anyway.

I failed this exam twice before i passed it and lost many hours sleep breaking and fixing my home network and reading books to pass this.

The only other exam i failed was my Exchange exam.

Comment

Today I passed 70-291 as the second exam with a score of 936 points.
                      47 questions where 1 of them was a simulator.

I have to say, for me it was quite easy
                      However, if you don't have experience with RRAS, IPSEC, WSUS (don't know which version) IIS and DNS it can be quite hard.

The exams I planned to do is in the following list. The exams which I've passed are marked in green:
                      • 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Windows XP Professional
                      • 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
                      • 70-291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
                      • 70-293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
                      • 70-294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
                      • 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
                      • 70-299 Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
                      • 70-350 Implementing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004

Next stop, ISA server, probably next week.
                      Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                      X