I want to follow a MCSE traject Windows 2003 server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to follow a MCSE traject Windows 2003 server

Dear Daniel Petri and all other members of this forum.

I want to follow a MSCE traject Windows 2003.

Is it true that you have to had Comptia A and Net+ for it?

If not, can a newbee study it, or do you have to have some background.

In other words can you study it out of the blue, with not much knowledge about networks at all? And if so, are there any guidelines which might come in handy?

Thank you all in advance!!

Yours sincerely,

Maurice

Hi Maurice

As far as i am aware you only need the Microsoft exams to get an MCSE.

As to your next question, I am yet to complete my MSCE but i work in the industry and feel that i would have a better chance of studying and passing the exams than someone new to it. Its only logical that a driving instructor would be more likely to pass an advanced driving test than someone who has just got his 'L' plates!

But Daniel is the expert on these things!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Maurice,

I've seen hundreds of students in MCSA/MCSE classes that came with little or no prior networking knowledge. Is this good? No, I rather all my students have a good working knowledge in networking and basic PC maintanance BEFORE they come to my classes.

But can I still teach them? Can they still learn? Yes, of course they can, and what they get out of the classes is largly influenced by their learning skills and the time they put into the courses.

I always tell my beginner students that they need to sit 12-20 hours per week on the meterial, that's besides what I teach them, and all of this is in order for them to gain as much knowledge as possible, and thus compensate on the lack of experience.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I want to follow a MCSE traject Windows 2003 server

Thank you for your reply, Daniel.

If i am lucky, i can follow a course which will be paid for me and it will look like this:

Course:

2273 5 days lessons
        2285 2 days lessons
        2276 2 days lessons
        2277 5 days lessons
        2400 5 days lessons
        2278 5 days lessons
        2279 5 days lessons
        2282 5 days lessons

This class will be given by MCT's so that will be a great help forward instead of learning alone, i think.

My question is, are the books adequate enough to teach and help you besides this lessons (as a newbee)? Do they guide you trough the process, i.e. do they explain what a DHCP server is, a WINS server etc. How you can connect to another computer (as a client).

If so, then i will have lessons from MCT's and the rest i have to learn at home, hooking up two computers (probably with Windows XP Professional as a client).

Thanks in advance for your time.

Yours sincerely,

Maurice

Comment

Tough question. The answer depends on your instructor (having the MCT degree doesn't necessarily mean you're good at what you're doing...) and on the CTEC you're attending. Books will help, especially the self paced ones.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X