X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Level of Microsoft Certifications: Microsoft Certified Master

Read all about it:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...r/default.mspx

Anyone here thinking about going for one?
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: New Level of Microsoft Certifications: Microsoft Certified Master

Let's hope there is not a Master debate about this certification.

Seriously, who thought up this title? The MS Certification money train keeps rolling on.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Well, they had to drop the word "Engineer" from their certification terminology, because of complaints in several countries (that said that the title "Engineer" is only for people that attended few years of academic courses), so they had to come up with something ...
      Who will sue them now, the BDSM community?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Hmmm I'm quite interested after my mcse and upgrade to win2k8 mcse alike
        However I'm also curios what you need to do for it.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I don't even want to imagine how much those classes will cost. I just got my VCP where a class is a requirement too .. that was expensive enough ...

But at the moment I cannot take a company serious, talking about a "Master" certification and not even getting the links right (the Exchange, SQL and Server 2008 links don't even work to date).

But I am working towards the Server 2008 Enterprise Admin .. who knows whats next for me ..

Comment

Quoth Dumber:
            Hmmm I'm quite interested after my mcse and upgrade to win2k8 mcse alike
            However I'm also curios what you need to do for it.
            Here's a webcast about it. I didn't watch it, but it may very well include that kind of information.

Anyone here considered going out for the Microsoft Certified Architect? I wonder if the Architect Union got annoyed with that title.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

To achieve Master certification, candidates must fulfill the following training requirements:
              • Attendance of required sessions
              • Successful completion of all in-class (written and lab) exams
              • Successful completion of qualification lab exam
              REQUIRED classes, and a lab? Sounds like perhaps they're leaning towards how Cisco has their top tier, with the lab exam and all.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

MCM is like CCIE written and finally its time to show your skills, paper mcse's will not be able to get this cert, which will make it more valuable

Comment

I particularly noticed the requirement:
                  Speak, understand, and write in fluent English
                  That should discourage a certain region where many of the paper MCSEs seem to hail from.....
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                    I particularly noticed the requirement:
                    • Speak, understand, and write in fluent English
                    That should discourage a certain region where many of the paper MCSEs seem to hail from.....
                    Hmm and not only for paper MCSEs.
                    My English isn't fluent so in theory I couldn't do this...
                    Can't believe that...
                    Although I'm really think it's a good idea to do something CCIE or CCMA like.

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post

Here's a webcast about it. I didn't watch it, but it may very well include that kind of information.

Anyone here considered going out for the Microsoft Certified Architect? I wonder if the Architect Union got annoyed with that title.
                    Interesting.
                    opens on 30 of july. I think I have time for it while I'm studying for my MCSE (finally )
                    Last edited by Dumber; 15th June 2008, 21:33.
                    Marcel
                    Technical Consultant
                    Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

I heard it's going to be about 18500$ .

Wow, I'd like to get the Server /Directory one.. being that I work on Directory services projects for huge clients it'd be nice to say I'm a master.

But at that price, I'd rather wait and see if I ever see any job postings or evidence proving that this certification is worth anything. I'm not going to take 3 weeks of training, sign some kind of golden handcuff contract with my employer for 18500$ for a possible reward of 1000$ a year ...

I was more interested in the MCA (wanted to do that in 2-3 years), but apparently, this will become a pre-requisite for the MCA program.. which I feel is kind of retarded because the whole point of the MCA was that it was not a MS Software certification, it was an architecture certification given out by MS - you could present a project on a massive Cisco implementation if you wanted to. But now, you need to pass one of these MCMs..

I am glad there are courses and a lab though, combined with the steep prices, the amount of retards with that cert should be pretty low and should make it valuable...let's hope.
                      VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

18500 US $???
                        Thats way to expensive.
                        Marcel
                        Technical Consultant
                        Netherlands

Comment

I guess the thing is the training with top experts is very expensive..

I mean, a regular training course around here is 2-3000$ a week easily, and usually, the trainer is just another-trainer..

So three weeks of these does add up. You're paying more than for just a certification - I assume the training is pretty good.

However it does kind of suck you can't split it up in a few 4000$ weeks of training/exam... it's easier to get that approved at work than one huge bill...especially when lab exam retakes will require other plane tickets and 1500$..
                          VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

It sounds quite.. Odd.

Master is such an.. Yet again, odd term.

Don't know, but in the future probably.

Depends on how well life goes

Comment

For $18500, I would rather a) purchase a car b) put a down payment on a house, or c) get my master's degree.

That's a lot of jack.
                              MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Working...
                              X