70-237 Designing Exchange 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-237 Designing Exchange 2007

Hi all, i'm gearing up towards the 70-237 exam, and reading several books on the topic.
    Today i read an article out of the book "Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unleashed".
    And it states the following:
    "Exchange Server 2007 can support only a single database of up to 75GB in size."

To my knowledge is Exchange 2007 Enterprise edition only limited to hardware limites (meaning the 4TB hardware limit), while the standard edition is limited to 50GB (pre SP1) znd 250GB (SP1). And even the limits within the standard edition can be modified trough editing the registry.

So, am i misunderstanding that sentence, or is it a mistake?
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Re: 70-237 Designing Exchange 2007

That's weird indeed...

Could this be right?:

Exchange Server 2007 - Key improvements
    Removed the database maximum size limit. Database size is now limited by hardware capability and the window for backups and maintenance

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Exchange_Server
    MCITP:EST | MCTS | MCSE 2k3 | MCSA 2k3 | MCP
    A+ Core | ITIL-F

Comment

Looks like they copied and pasted from Exchange 2003 SP2 db allowance?
      (Standard that is)
      Last edited by AndyJG247; 27th May 2008, 11:03. Reason: Added "Standard that is"
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Killerbe View Post
        Hi all, i'm gearing up towards the 70-237 exam, and reading several books on the topic.
        Today i read an article out of the book "Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Unleashed".
        And it states the following:
        "Exchange Server 2007 can support only a single database of up to 75GB in size."

To my knowledge is Exchange 2007 Enterprise edition only limited to hardware limites (meaning the 4TB hardware limit), while the standard edition is limited to 50GB (pre SP1) znd 250GB (SP1). And even the limits within the standard edition can be modified trough editing the registry.

So, am i misunderstanding that sentence, or is it a mistake?
        ITS A BIG MISTAKE
        there are no database limit, the 75 GB is valid for exchange 03 SP2 , there is still no SP 2 in exchange 07 now
        but there is a Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 ready and its not SP2!!!

Comment

It seems that E2K7 Std has a default database size of 50G though this can be change by modifying a registry setting.

http://www.pro-exchange.be/modules.p...rticle&sid=414

Don't know why SP2 for E2K7 came up in conversation. It wasn't mentioned in any of the above posts that were asking questions.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            It seems that E2K7 Std has a default database size of 50G though this can be change by modifying a registry setting.

http://www.pro-exchange.be/modules.p...rticle&sid=414

Don't know why SP2 for E2K7 came up in conversation. It wasn't mentioned in any of the above posts that were asking questions.
            I have a MOC in my hand (5047) and it says no limit ?
            Will double check the regisrty settings my self ,
            and again even Exchange 03 Standart has 75 GB limit after SP2 , why it should be taken under ?

Comment

Working...
            X