Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just my imagination or are the Win2008 exams too easy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just my imagination or are the Win2008 exams too easy?

I personally got 1000/1000 in my exams, and they were pathetically easy (well, at least for me). Nothing to even remotely compare to the dreaded 70-292.

I hear of more and more people scoring top marks. So? Are we so good, or is Microsoft too eager to get more Win2008 certifications out the door?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Is it just my imagination or are the Win2008 exams too easy?

they were eager to release 2008 and exchnage 2007, and they released them in a very raw state,. then they heard people will not touch 2008 before sp1 is released, so they pulled an sp1 together and released it, so I do believe they want as many people as possible going to the 2008 side asap
    ________
    EASY VAPE VAPORIZER
    Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:46.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

I had a 1000 score on my Exchange 2007 exam at the end of last year and had the feeling that Exchange 2003 exams where a lot harder.
      Been detached with a client eversince so certification is on low priority, but want to get certified on Windows Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 (Both MCITP) before the end of this year.
      [Powershell]
      Start-DayDream
      Set-Location Malibu Beach
      Get-Drink
      Lay-Back
      Start-Sleep
      Wake-Up!
      Resume-Service
      Write-Warning
      [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

I have just done 70-643, and while I was doing it, I was definitely not sure I'd have a good mark. However it turned out good..

I have to say some of the best exams I've seen are the SQL 2005 ones...there is a pretty big "simulation" section in there - I thought MS said all new exams would have that, but 70-643 definitely does not!
        VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

Well, I won't argue if they are!
          I've just booked 70-649 and 70-647 for three weeks time and 70-636 (Exchange 2007) for a week later (exam vouchers needed using by the end of June)

Any good advice on prep materials, if that isn't counted as a thread hijack!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I took the 646 and 647 as betas. I've only had a few brief encounters with the old Beta versions of Longhorn Server (maybe RC1 as well) and that was it. I passed the 646 and missed the 647 by less than 50 points.

Needless to say, that made me worry about the value of the cert.

Anyway, check this link out. Supposedly Microsoft is gearing up to release tougher simulation questions. However, the article says that they'll be released in the next 15 to 18 months! Until then, does that mean that there will be a flood of new paper tigers?

Ugh. I think I'll go work on some Cisco certs.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by DYasny View Post
              they were eager to release 2008 and exchnage 2007, and they released them in a very raw state,. then they heard people will not touch 2008 before sp1 is released, so they pulled an sp1 together and released it, so I do believe they want as many people as possible going to the 2008 side asap
              I do not agree with your statment
              as you know Windows 6 which shares the same ( or very simular ) code base in Vista & WS08, so SP1 in Vista was also effecting WS08
              and the exams are bit easy for now yes, but I belive V2 is going to have bid harder questions

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                I took the 646 and 647 as betas. I've only had a few brief encounters with the old Beta versions of Longhorn Server (maybe RC1 as well) and that was it. I passed the 646 and missed the 647 by less than 50 points.

Needless to say, that made me worry about the value of the cert.

Anyway, check this link out. Supposedly Microsoft is gearing up to release tougher simulation questions. However, the article says that they'll be released in the next 15 to 18 months! Until then, does that mean that there will be a flood of new paper tigers?

Ugh. I think I'll go work on some Cisco certs.
                if you working with product, of course its going to be esay for you... I did pass some of them in Beta and some of them while there were very new released, and do you really think that cisco is hard if you dealing with cisco routers every day ????

Comment

Working...
                X