MCITP:Enterprise Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCITP:Enterprise Admin

Since the Self Paced training kit is not out yet, is there any other book that you found useful in preparing for these exams?

I don't feel like waiting until the end of May to get started - I don't want to let the motivation pass

Also, has anyone passed the new exams for Win2008 yet?

Are they like SQL with a lot of simulation questions? (I'm not asking for details on questions or anything, don't get me wrong)

What did you use to get ready? (Previous knowledge + read on new features, any book in particular, etc?)
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Re: MCITP:Enterprise Admin

I'm taking 70-647 tomorrow, will report back then!
    Pete Cullen
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, MCP, MCTS Server 2008 (Assorted)

Comment

Good Luck!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks!

Well I must admit I'm still a little shellshocked. Took 647 just over an hour ago and scored 1000, the first time I have ever done that on a Microsoft exam. I'm thrilled

Anyway, to answer the original post...
        I don't know if it's because the exam is so new, but I was quite surprised by the structure because it is more straightforward than the 2003 MCSE track exams.

I obviously won't go into specifics because that's not the done thing here, but I will say this is a very traditional multiple choice exam, no simulations at this time.

Naturally being as this is a Server 2008 exam, the questions pretty much centre around the new 2008 features, in particular the Enterprise with this exam.
        For study I used a few methods, as everyone here will tell you the number one way to prepare is to get hands on experience.

I have been running Server 2008 for quite some time with the betas, release candidates and now the final product. Just getting in there, looking at how it all works and messing around is invaluable experience.

I also recommend the Train Signal Essentials training. I got this disc free with the Vista training, and although it doesn't go into huge depth on a vast range of topics, it is very useful.

Having experience helps greatly, I have been a sysadmin for around twelve years now, and that good old real world experience helps.
        Make sure you know about the big new features such as RODCs and the new Terminal Services enhancements and you're good to go.
        Pete Cullen
        MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, MCP, MCTS Server 2008 (Assorted)

Comment

Congrats, that's a great score!
          Thanks for the advice too.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thank you. I do have quite a bit of experience with AD And Windows 2000/2003 server, and I have studied the new features of 2008 a lot as well.

However I'll start by doing the 70-643 exam as I do not have an MCSE and need to start from scratch on this.

The Microsoft Press self paced training kit for 70-643 is out and after reading half of it I can say it is well written, never gets too boring, and has some useful info , especially about KMS, MAK, the kind of things I haven't seen much before, as well as some new TS features.

Comment

Congratulations, DoctorK! tonight!
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

70-643 this afternoon

Comment

Good Luck!
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Allright ! 861/1000 . Next up will be 70-642 ..

The exam was moderately hard, however, I consider myself to be inferior to a lot of people in regards to Sharepoint services, IIS and Windows media server (they are all technologies I do not work with/do not really want to work with).

I studied the MS press book very quickly, skimming over most sections, reading what was specific to Windows 2008 and IIS 7. The exam felt harder than it was though, as I was expecting to be under 740 when I clicked submit.

Good luck to the next people taking this. Only 4 exams to go for my Enterprise admin!

Comment

Congratulations!

An excellent result!
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Well since I didn't have much time lately I decided to go ahead and go 70-620 (Vista configuration...ewww) instead of 70-640 or 70-642...scheduled 70-640 for June 17th..

The 70-620 exam was very very easy. I had a really bad result (About 740), however, I had never used bitlocker, aero, I almost never use internet explorer 7, Windows defender and questions were very "new feature oriented" as usual.

The thing I noticed is that there was not a single question were more than 2 answers made any sense.

It was always like (not an actual question just an example)

You want to format your drive to support permissions , what do you do?
                        A) Format it using FAT32
                        B) Format it using NTFS
                        C) Eat peanut butter jelly
                        D) Format refers to the size of the HD ie 3.5inch and has nothing to do with this

Because of that, even though I don't use Vista, it was pretty damn easy.

I didn't get the MS book for 70-640 yet but read about all the new features and played with AD in 2008 a bit...hopefully that'll be good enough

Comment

Passed the TS: Active directory 70-640 exam..
                          Scored 850 and I lost almost all my points on questions about new stuff where I wasn't 100% sure..hell I didn't even prepare for it! I'd say this one was way too easy...maybe it's because it's the first version of the exam?

Comment

Congratulations
                            Tom Jones
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

Comment

I am really waiting for Hyper V type exams, like the new MCM series, which should measure up the real knowledge nut just the one which is studied through DUMPS.
                              The first series of the exams did not have any simulations in it, but V2 is going to have lot of simulations which will make the exams really easy for real Admins,
                              When it comes to new starts it will be also nice for them as well because they are going to put more hands on computers and through that of course learn the content more

Comment

Working...
                              X