Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcse Death

Hey Guys,

Looks like there are no more MCSE certification available what is the next Cert. to be certified to cover Microsoft products, MCITP or MCT, are those courses speak about Win 2008 server or still it is not released the new version of the Win08..

Re: Mcse Death

For info, what's your source?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Microsoft upgraded their certification paths a year ago.
      MCSE is still valid to be certified on Windows Server 2003.
      For Windows Server 2008 it is MCITP.
      MCP is gone also, now its MCTP.

I own an MCSE + Messaging in Windows server 2003, this wont be available in Windws Server 2008.
      Certification path for exchange is now 3 exams (instead of 2 in 2003), when passing all 3 exams you own a MCITP in Exchange 2007.

There is an upgrade exam for windows server 2008 (70-649), but it makes you only MCTP in Windows Server 2008. To become MCITP in windows Server 2008 you need to do 2 additional exams (so there is practically no return from owning a MCSE).
      http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-649.mspx
      http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...p/default.mspx
      Last edited by Killerbe; 4th April 2008, 11:59. Reason: Typo
      [Powershell]
      Start-DayDream
      Set-Location Malibu Beach
      Get-Drink
      Lay-Back
      Start-Sleep
      Wake-Up!
      Resume-Service
      Write-Warning
      [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Killerbe View Post
        Microsoft upgraded their certification paths a year ago.
        MCSE is still valid to be certified on Windows Server 2003.
        For Windows Server 2008 it is MCITP.

I own an MCSE + Messaging in Windows server 2003, this wont be available in Windws Server 2008.
        Certification path for exchange is now 3 exams (instead of 2 in 2003), when passing all 3 exams you own a MCITP in Exchange 2007.

There is an upgrade exam for windows server 2008 (70-649), but it makes you only MCTP in Windows Server 2008. To become MCITP in windows Server 2008 you need to do 2 additional exams (so there is practically no return from owning a MCSE).
        http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-649.mspx
        http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...p/default.mspx
        I think it's actually the MCTS, rather than MCTP.

Furthermore, there's two MCITPs for Server 2008. The Server Admin and the Enterprise Admin. I think of them as the new generation of the MCSA and MCSE respectively. Okay, so they're different, but still similar. I've taken all three exams for the Server Admin (and passed two of 'em). ::throws confetti::

Like you said, no more extensions like there were for the MCSE 2000 and 2003 (E.g. Security and Messaging). I was a little about that, but now see it as a good thing. The new cert for Exchange is more distinguishing. Also nice for an Exchange admin that doesn't want to get the big ol' MCSE. No MCITP in security though!!

sarkisss, check out those two links I gave about the MCITP Server and Enterprise Admins. That's your new MCSA/MCSE.

Study hard.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Even though it means more work I think it's a good thing that the new gen certs will require you to recertify much the way Cisco does. This will hopefully raise the value of the MS certs and help to maintain that value as there will hopefully be far fewer paper MCSE's due to the new requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            Even though it means more work I think it's a good thing that the new gen certs will require you to recertify much the way Cisco does. This will hopefully raise the value of the MS certs and help to maintain that value as there will hopefully be far fewer paper MCSE's due to the new requirements.

When you say recertify like Cisco, do you mean that every few years you will have to pass a MS cert test?
            MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Originally posted by boondock View Post
              When you say recertify like Cisco, do you mean that every few years you will have to pass a MS cert test?
              That's the case now isn't it? if you want to keep your MS certs up to date

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
                That's the case now isn't it? if you want to keep your MS certs up to date
                Yes, that is the case for renewal with each generation of Microsoft OS. I just thought you meant that if we were to pass MCITP today, that in say 2 years we would have to recertify regardless if the next gen OS is out.
                MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Oh snap

I wish I saw that before signing on to a MSCE course. Though the chaps did mention that by signing up to this course I would have access to the MCTP and MCITP course curriculum if / when I want to do it

I have signed up for my 70-271 exam (MCDST track) and I will sit that shortly.

Thank heavens for the 'Second chance' promo - I havent sat exams since high school and Im a little nervous. I'm good hands on, but some of the prep questions are just so obfuscated

Comment

I just took a look at my online transcript and I still have the MCP credential.
                    When is this going to change?
                    MCITP:EST | MCTS | MCSE 2k3 | MCSA 2k3 | MCP
                    A+ Core | ITIL-F

Comment

Originally posted by Ciro View Post
                      I just took a look at my online transcript and I still have the MCP credential.
                      When is this going to change?
                      JSYK, it's not MCTP, but MCTS. Each exam that you pass nets you an MCTS cert. Pile up enough MCTS certs and then take an appropriate PRO exam and you get the big ol' MCITP:[Insert Technology Name Here].

The MCP doesn't leave your transcript, just as an MCSE in NT 4 won't go away. For example, my transcript still shows MCP, but also a pair of MCTS certs (hopefully a MCITP will be in my not-too-distant-future )

If you already passed an MCTS exam, then it should only take a few days for it to show up in your transcript. However, I don't know about the turnaround time for exams taken in countries other than the USA. Have you taken a MCTS exam yet?
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                      -------------------------------
                      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                        Have you taken a MCTS exam yet?
                        This afternoon (70-236 Exchange 2007) & Friday (70-620 Vista)
                        MCITP:EST | MCTS | MCSE 2k3 | MCSA 2k3 | MCP
                        A+ Core | ITIL-F

Comment

Working...
                        X