Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations on Practice questions 70-296

Hi,
    I'm getting ready to take the 70-296 and I'm looking at purchasing practice questions. I usually use transcenders but I've noticed that there are a ton of other companies out there.

What are you using?

Re: Recommendations on Practice questions 70-296

About equally Transcenders, Self Test and MeasureUp, with the first two (IMHO) somewhat better

You're leaving it a bit late, aren't you -- the exam retires in 3 weeks
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I've used MeasureUp the most, but that's only because I buy MS Press study books which come with a ton of MeasureUp practice exam questions. Typically on the order of 300+. However, of late I've grown disappointed with MeasureUp because the explanations of the answers are thin and not as thorough as I would like. But hey, 300+ questions and a book for $30 to $40 isn't bad. Of course, I'm also increasingly irritated at the dry and unhelpful verbage in MS Press books... but I digress.

I've done a few PrepLogic exams that came in an ExamCram book. I thought the exam questions were complete rubbish. At least, they were two years ago.

Transcender is usually very good (a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for generally) because their explanations of the answer are wonderfully thorough. You can buy practice questions in a variety of durations. I prefer to get the 30 day online version. It's usually less expensive and their web delivery is just as good as the fat client that you would have to download and install. Also, they have a pass guarantee. If you use their exams and you don't pass on the first try, you get your money back. Fortunately, I've never had to use that... yet, but I know someone who has. Transcender honored their guarantee... although you do have to provide ample proof of failure. I'm going through the 70-294 Transcender right now and it seems pretty good.

I've heard good things about Boson too, but have never used them. There prices are so low that I wonder how they can pay for good exam writers. You might want to demo them and see for yourself.

In my experience, Transcender is typically the best quality exams to go with. Every now and then there'll be a terrible exam that they produce, but that seems to be the exception to the rule. An even if you get a batch of questions that are duds, you can get your money back if you fail the exam.

____
      _________
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think I will stick with the Transcenders. They have gotten me this far. I am waiting till the last minute so I do need to get the best I can. I was not really concerned about up grading my cert....

until I found out it was going to expire.....

and my dream of launching a programming career went out the window when we purchased an 'off the shelf' software.

I passed the 70-292 last week, I figure the 70-296 is a bonus, I don't loose anything in taking it but if by some freak of MS nature I actually pass it then voila I'm an mcse in 2003 and on to 2008.

Comment

Good Luck, and congratulations on the 292!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X