Bumed!!! 70-298

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumed!!! 70-298

Well I only have 2 more exams to go 70-298 and 70-299 to get my MCSE 2003 Security . I have passed all my other test on the first try either in the upper 800s or in the 900. I have failed my first test... . I really was not prepared has took this test on Monday and was planning on study up for it over the weekend. However, luck have it I ended up very sick all weekend. I did not eat or sleep at all. I had my exam on Monday 8am and failed with a 671. My thoughts on this test are.... the format REALLY SUCKS!!!!! I think the case studies are to wordy and long, and the questions were to vague. I really am not to sure where I went wrong, and what I need to study up on. I fear of taking this exam again as I really hate the format. I have read both 70-298 and 70-299 Microsoft Press books and done the transcenders for them. I also have used MS Readyness Reviews. Man this SUCKs!!!! Well at least I get a free second shot. Well anyone who has sat this exam recently that has any tips I would appreciate it.

Re: Bumed!!! 70-298

Sorry to hear about that, but you're so close you are pretty certain to get it next time.

I know what you mean about the length of the case studies, but surely this is the whole point of design exams, to get you used to making "real world" decisions based on large volumes of (sometimes conflicting) information.

Keep practicing, use the experience from 298v1 and you will be fine in a few weeks
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well I passed 70-299 with 943!!! Now I have my free second shot for 70-298 on the 29th. After that I am done and will have my MCSE. Here is for better results on the 29th.

Comment

Congratulations on 299!
        Best wishes for the 29th!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Congratz man.

Comment

I AM FINISHED!!!!!! Well just took 70-298 for the second time and passed it easily. I am not finished and have my MCSE!!!. I will take one more test to complete the Security track of my MCSE. Then on to CCNA and Oracle DBA tests.

Comment

Congratulations!

Told you you could do it!!!!

So which one is next?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Congratulation rever75. Nice job!!
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X