No announcement yet.

Advice on taking up 70-270

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on taking up 70-270

Im new here in petri and find it really helpful for me and for my new job as a jr. systems administrator. I have no certificates yet but im planning to take up exam 70-270 by march. I have started my self review. can you help me guys i just have few questions.

1. what is the best reviewer that i can use? (right now im using cbt nuggets)
    2. is there a website where i can download ebooks for this exam?
    3. is it ok if im just doing a self review? Because trainig is really expensive)

Please give me your pieces of advice.because i believe it will help me go through the right direction.

thanks in advance guys...
    There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Re: Advice on taking up 70-270

There is no problem with self study -- many people do it
    As far as materials go, you will see that many of us recommend TrainSignal -- see their ads on the main site.

I don't know of many free ebooks for 70-270 but you may find a few. Obviously you are not suggesting any form of illegal download, are you?

In general, you need a combination of
    Practical Experience -- most important
    Official learning (books or courses) to get the "Microsoft Way" of doing things
    Practice exams -- check out Transcender and MeasureUp as possible sources.

Why not get your employer to fund some training - most will do so if they can see some benefit for themselves
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Advice on taking up 70-270

Thanks fo the references that you gave sir.Actually all of the materials will be funded by my company and also the training,the thing is i think its too expensive just to train for 70-270 so ill just reserve the budget for a higher level training. And for now just do a self study. For practical experience im geeting it here in my job because im the only desktop administrator and so far our setup is stable.And i have time to study.Anyway I really appreciate the help..
      There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...