No announcement yet.

I have passed my mcp w2kpro now I need to pass the server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have passed my mcp w2kpro now I need to pass the server

I am having a hard time with the server test. I have server running at home. Any good ideas on what to study. I took the mcse courses with New Horrizons but I am still having problems with the test any help. I still have 6 test to go........ARG!!!!!

There are many good certification recourses on the Internet. Transcender is one, Brainbench is another, and a Google search will bring up hundreds of more. Read, practice, wreck everything and re-build it all again. Live the product, breath it, go to sleep with it.

You can read all about it on my study tips page.

Good luck

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

Hi Tony,
      IMHO there is no substitute for practice, practice and more practice. Tests can verify you have the knowledge but they will not give you the basic skills you need to start with.

Try building up your home server from scratch, set up Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and WINS, then start investigating group policy. That should get you started.

Good Luck

Tom Jones MCSA, MCSE
      ICT Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Hi tonylj ,
        You can read TestKing for the last material before the exam , But beware !!
        Don't depend on TestKing for the only subject because Most of the questions are changed .
        It's good to cover the parts of the course that will be appear only in the exam or work .