Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time does it take to finish exam 70-290?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time does it take to finish exam 70-290?

Hi,

I just registered for my first exam on the road to MCSA and hopefully MCSE, exam 70-290. When I registered on the Prometric site, it said that the exam length was 4 hours. I assume that 4 hours is the maximum time allowed to finish the test.

I am curious - what is the average time it takes - for somebody who has MS experience and studied hard - to actually complete the exam? I would be interested to hear how long it actually took people to complete this test.

Thanks,
    -Michael

Re: How much time does it take to finish exam 70-290?

Welcome to Petri, Michael

The four hours is a nominal time slot that includes the pre-exam licensing agreements and instructions, the exam itself and the post exam comments on questions. You can knock at least 30 mins off.

IIRC the exam itself is something like 210 minutes and 60-ish questions, but its been a while since I sat it and about a year since any of my student reported back to me!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It took me about 2.5 hours to finish the whole thing... and I have studied hard - red book twice and studied questions also.
      Regards,
      John

Comment

Hi,

Well, I took the test - 47 questions, 4 hours are allotted, I finished it in a little over 2 hours. I passed.

Thanks,

-Michael

Comment

Congratulations, Michael

Another MCP joins the fraternity!

Whats your next target?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Gratz....

I failed this exam @ the first try.
            I first took the XP exam, which was quite easy. Underastimated the 290 and failed.
            Did a second try a month later and passed. It was my perception that the second exam was easier than the first.
            [Powershell]
            Start-DayDream
            Set-Location Malibu Beach
            Get-Drink
            Lay-Back
            Start-Sleep
            Wake-Up!
            Resume-Service
            Write-Warning
            [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks. Next target is 70-291.

I am learning using the Microsoft Press Training Kit. I studied the chapter on IP subnetting today. Boy, is my head spinning now!

-Michael

Comment

You might want to consider your client OS exam (XP or Vista) as a relatively easy option. Yes, I know, you will have to sit 291 sometime!
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X