Just Passed 70-294

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Passed 70-294

Just returned from the test centre with a pass score of 873 from 42 questions. Wasn't overly difficult in my opinon, I would class this was the less difficult of the exams I have taken.

In the exam my drag and drop questions value were null which required me to drag the box out of the possible actions list to view the value and once your action was selected null again, this was d noted to Microsoft in the Feedback.
    MCSA 2000/2003

Re: Just Passed 70-294

Congratulations!

Whats next?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well I had planned to take 70-297 next, however we are currently implementing VMWare ESX at my place of work, so they have paid for me to attend the Installing & Configuring VMWare course and will pay for me to take the exam so that may jump to the front of the queue.
      MCSA 2000/2003

Comment

Just a quick question on this one, are there simulation questions on the test?
        Pete Cullen
        MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, MCP, MCTS Server 2008 (Assorted)

Comment

Originally posted by D0ct0rK View Post
          Just a quick question on this one, are there simulation questions on the test?
          Each individual's exam is different; his might not have simulations, yours might. Microsoft are choosing from a pool of thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of questions for each individual exam... so the best way is to simply know your stuff.

Simulation questions are like really doing it, so they shouldn't present a problem to someone who has the reccomended experience in the job and the reccomended knowledge of the material.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Oh absolutely, I've been a sysadmin for the last ten years so I'm certainly not a study guide memoriser! I prefer the sim questions as it's much easier to actually DO what they are asking rather than just learn a response parrot fashion.
            Pete Cullen

Comment

Well I feel like the cat who got the cream this morning, I passed 294 and completed my MCSE

Pretty much the standard exam these days, a few simulations, drag and drops and the usual multiple choice stuff. It didn't go entirely to plan as the PC crashed on me YET AGAIN! I really did not think I was going to do it, I was a bit dithery with some of the questions but fortunately it all came good and I passed with 747.

Just one question I do have for you guys, 2000 Pro was my workstation component which I know is retiring at the end of the month. Microsoft won't take away my MCSE because its an outdated exam will they? I guess not as all my old NT4 ones are still showing on my cert.

Pete
              Pete Cullen

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!

AFAIK you are still valid with 2000 Pro, although you might want to consider an upgrade to XP or Vista...
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thankyou sir! I was considering going for the Vista one, although right now I've had enough of MCPs. Just for a short while anyway!
                  Pete Cullen

Comment

You'd better change your signature!
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Haha consider it done! Also as an aside, I called Microsoft this afternoon to make sure the MCSE doesn't get knocked down when the 2000 exams are retired, they don't. Certs still stand, you just can't take the exam any more.
                      Pete Cullen

Comment

Working...
                      X