Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-649 with 1000 score

Hi every1,

Today on 14th November 2007, I passed 70-649 exam i.e. TS:Upgrading your MCSE from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008

I got 1000 score. It was piece of cake for me. May be because I failed 5 times earlier in Active Directory exams on Win2k & 2k3 track. 70-296 was really bad for me. 70-217 as well in late 2003. So this time there was no way to fail the exam. And I am glad I did it. How ever it doesnt mean I am AD master..Hehe !!!

Exam details are as follows :

Exam number: 70-649
    Exam name: TS:Upgrading your MCSE from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008
    Passing score: 700
    Total questions: 55
    Total given time: 135 mins
    Exam type: there are 3 sections splitted. 1st pool of question contains approx 22 questions, 2nd pool contains 19 questions. And remaining questions in 3rd pool.

Remember: Once you finish review of 1st and subsequntly 2nd & 3rd pool you can not go back.

I got 35 mins for 1st pool, 25 mins for 2nd and remaining for 3rd pool.

Skills measures on following topics :

70-640: TS:Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
    70-642: TS:Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
    70-643: TS:Windows Server 2008 Application Services, Configuring

I used free virtual labs from Microsoft learning portal, I also downloaded trial copy of "Introduction to Windows server 2008" e-book & went through several TechNet articles about AD in Windows 2008 .

* Tip * Get your hands on IIS 7.0

All the best,
    Regards,
    AmEy.
    Last edited by sco1984; 14th November 2007, 08:18.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: Passed 70-649 with 1000 score

COngratulations!

1000 -- Well done -- did you get ANY wrong?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      COngratulations!

1000 -- Well done -- did you get ANY wrong?
      I was just wasnt sure about 1 weird question about WDS. I submitted comment about that question after ending the exam. I got 2 easy simulation about AD recovery. If 1 knows what utilities to use when AD crashes it's all easy. Concepts remains same. It's Windows 2008 thats all!!

Just as mentioned above IIS is having weightage as this exam contains 70-643" topic" too which means application servers like IIS then Certificate services, AD DS and other etc ....

Thanx for the comment !!
      All in 1

Comment

Well done!!

Excellant score!

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Congratulations!

The importnat part of your post, is the hard work that help you
          to pass the exam.
          Good work!
          Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Hello Pal,

You are amazing. Please can you give us the link to the materials you used for your exams and the review questions (Testking, P4S, etc)?

Best regards,

Alby

Comment

Albynety,
              Welcome to Petri

Please note we do NOT condone the use of illegal materials (braindumps). To pass exams, you should have a combination of
              Real world Experience
              Training courses (or self study)
              Legal practice exams e.g. Transcender, MeasureUp

As you will see from other posts in this forum, the most important is real-world experience

Brain dumps are not only illegal but also take away from the hard work done by people who have obtained their certifications "the hard way"

Tom
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hey.......

Gread buddy......I never got that score.

Any way....... Great job done.

"Keep UP the GOOD WORK"

Regards,
                Kapil Sharma
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Congratz!
                  I'm planning to do the exam in the next couple of months.
                  Been playing with server 2008 for a while, but was scarred of the exam because good books are rare. I've recieved a copy "Introduction to Windows server 2008" at teched last month.
                  [Powershell]
                  Start-DayDream
                  Set-Location Malibu Beach
                  Get-Drink
                  Lay-Back
                  Start-Sleep
                  Wake-Up!
                  Resume-Service
                  Write-Warning
                  [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

I agreed that you guy shouldn't look for Brain dump to pass the exams. I have seated serveral Microsoft Exams from Microsoft.
                    What I did to prepare for exams is to setup a lab with firewall, internet conection to simulate a real production network. Then from the lab you can carry out your tests to master the concepts in the exams.

The final purposes for you guy is to become a " Can do" person, not a paper exams holder.

For example, if you are looking for tip and trick in exchange servers, you can go to:
                    http://msexchange.org

Good luck with your exams.

Support

Comment

Actually, I got the same 1000 score on this exam... I must say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                          Actually, I got the same 1000 score on this exam... I must say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.
                          Congrates !! Yeah the upgrade exam isnt difficult if 1 knows basic concepts of Active Directory by heart and Network Infrastructure.
                          All in 1

Comment

I've just passed this one this morning and have to agree with you folks, it's way easier than I was expecting. I can't say I aced it mind, I think my score was around 960 which I'm still pretty pleased with.
                            Maybe it's because I've just completed the 2003 track but there wasn't much to make you sweat over, especially if you have had a good delve into the new features of 2008. It made a nice change to return to fairly quick and simple questions rather than the great behemoths of 294, 291, et al.

I was just reading through the Microsoft page saying about upgrading to the MCITP qualification when the new exams go live. Sounds interesting.
                            Pete Cullen
                            MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, MCP, MCTS Server 2008 (Assorted)

Comment

A quick question for you guys if you don't mind. Having completed 649 the other day, my MCP transcript has now been updated showing I have passed the exam.

But under the certifications earned there is no mention of MCTS for the three areas the exam covers. Should these have been added in there? What have those of you who have passed got?

Thanks

Pete
                              Pete Cullen
                              MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, MCP, MCTS Server 2008 (Assorted)

Comment

Working...
                              X