Boot Camp Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Camp Suggestions

I'm curious if anyone can offer up any competent MCSE boot camps in the US. I've did a search on Google and came up with hundreds, if not thousands of sites that offer boot camps.

Who's trustworthy? Who's the most skilled? Who's got the best price?

I'm just looking for suggestions from others thats been down this road!

Thanks,
    MePH
    "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, A+

Re: Boot Camp Suggestions

Can I ask why you think a bootcamp will help? Do you think that it will give you two years of commercial Windows management experience along with the MCSE you'll come out with? Do you think that your MCSE will be worth anything after attending a bootcamp?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
      Can I ask why you think a bootcamp will help? Do you think that it will give you two years of commercial Windows management experience along with the MCSE you'll come out with? Do you think that your MCSE will be worth anything after attending a bootcamp?
      Actually I just thought after being in the field 7+ years it's time to break down and get the cert. I figure why spend a bunch of time online or going to college classes when I can go in get some quick refreshers and take the test. Then it just justifies my background, but thank you for pointing out the fact that your quick to jump to conclusions.

MePH
      "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

Comment

I'll ignore the jibe - except to say that it's inappropriate and out of place.

Boot camps aren't really aimed at you to be honest. They're aimed at the group who I assumed you belonged to. You would be better with a book (I used Sybex' MCSE Upgrade book, and it would be more than adequate to your needs). Read book, do a couple of self-test exams, take exams. With 7 years hard experience which simply needs certifying (which is what it obviously is, to have developed such a lot of self-confidence) that should be more than sufficient.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          I'll ignore the jibe - except to say that it's inappropriate and out of place.

Boot camps aren't really aimed at you to be honest. They're aimed at the group who I assumed you belonged to. You would be better with a book (I used Sybex' MCSE Upgrade book, and it would be more than adequate to your needs). Read book, do a couple of self-test exams, take exams. With 7 years hard experience which simply needs certifying (which is what it obviously is, to have developed such a lot of self-confidence) that should be more than sufficient.
          Thank you, that's a suggestion I'm more then willing to consider. Thanks for the time and help.

MePH

Comment

OK, cool it off a bit or I will need to edit this thread....

Mephitic -- you didn't mention your experience in your first post, and Stonelaughter was quite right to point out that the certification exists to validate existing experience.

IMHO, avoid bootcamps. I have both taken and trained at them, and they are exam crammers (how could they be otherwise, given the time available?)

In your position, consider an investment in time for self study, plus some books and self test software. Have a look at the TrainSignal videos as well -- they are excellent!

Good Luck!
            Tom
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X