Passed 70-621 and 623

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-621 and 623

Well, this was highly unplanned, but I've picked up (if I read the MS site correctly):
    MCTS: Windows Vista Configuration
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
    MCITP: Consumer Support Technician

I had these exams booked for a couple of weeks time, but had to re-schedule one, so this morning I took:

70-623 (Desktop Support -- Consumer)
    54 questions in 120 minutes -- passed with 850
    All seemed fairly reasonable -- I was surprised to get NO simulations, hotspot or list questions, as the practice tests were heavy on all of them. A mixed batch, everything from installation to applications. The main issue for me was forgetting XP and thinking Vista

70-621 (Upgrading MCDST to MCIPT Enterprise Support)
    54 questions in 120 minutes again -- passed with 820
    The surprise was to get two sections:
    a) 32 questions in 70 mins to cover 70-620. These were very straightforward and seemed to very much duplicate the stuff I had done in the first exam.
    b) 22 questions in 50 minutes to do enterprise level stuff. Harder questions (I guess the difference between TS and ITP) and because I had taken the exam without preparation (big thank you to the test centre for scheduling an exam at 15 minutes notice!) I found them relatively hard.
    For both parts you had to explicitly forget XP and think Vista.

Another surprise was at the end of 621. 623 came up with the usual "you scored xxx" but 621 came up with "you have passed" and no score. The score report did not break down by categories, just gave me a single bar chart for each section of the exam. Maybe this is standard for upgrade exams, but it came a surprise for me.

Materials used:
    There is very little explicitly for these exams
    Microsoft Press book for 70-620
    Measure Up on-line tests for 621 and 623 plus their PDF Sum It Up guides
    Microsoft 5056 and 5057 courses (Introduction to Vista) which I ran three times about a month ago.

So, a longer signature file, and a short rest. Next stop, 70-299 to get MCSA/E: Security, also possibly 70-282 SBS

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Passed 70-621 and 623

Congratulations !!!

I am awaiting for release of 70-649 exam i.e. for MCTS Windows Server 2008 for MCSE's on Windows 2003
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Nice on Tom!

Man you love your qualifications!!

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Tom, you had better contact vBulletin and ask them to reset the code so you can add a larger signature. Alternatively, it may be easier just to list the exams you haven't passed.

Congratulations. :singlemalt: x many
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Alternatively, it may be easier just to list the exams you haven't passed
          - You've been funny again - That's twice this year. I better write that down incase I forget

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Congrats Tom. I may just get inspired to take some more tests....

It shows you really know your stuff if you can pass without studying for the 621.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Er, I had studied, just not done a lot of exam prep for 621. The trouble is no book covering the upgrade exam (or 623 either) so I was using the MS Press book for 620 (MCTS Vista) and the MeasureUp exams for specific practice. Also I'd trained 3 groups on the 1 day "intro to Vista" course which covers a lot of the ground
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ah, yes... well.... good job anyways.
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                X