Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I take into the exam? (split from "Studying for the 290")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I take into the exam? (split from "Studying for the 290")

I just joined Petri forums today, pls. excuse me if I don't do this right the first time.
    My question is maybe silly, and I did a search first, however when studying the the exams and taking the mock tests, I find it is easy to use scratch paper to diagram scenarios like IP addressing and group policy settings etc. in order to think thru the question better. So during one of the exams, 70-270 for example, are you allowed to have paper to write on, or do they sit you at a desk with a monitor, keyboard and mouse with nothing else avail. ? Obviously you can't bring paper in, but do they supply blank paper?
    Thanks in advance,
    Will

Re: Studying for the 70-290 and would like some tips please

Hi Will
    Welcome to Petri

It depends on the test centre, but normally you get an A4 plastic board and a OHP pen. If you fill it you can ask for another one, but you're not supposed to take in tissues to rub out the one you have

I normally end up with a badly coloured sleeve at the end of an exam!

I'm going to split this into a new topic as its not really the same as the earlier posts in this thread
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: What can I take into the exam? (split from "Studying for the 290&quot

Thanks for responding so quickly Ossian.

That's a great relief to be able to diagram during the real exam. I will have to make certain the testing center provides what you mentioned.

Cheers, Will

Comment

Woops, sorry, I meant Tom, not Ossian. You've got a few certifications behind you!!!

Comment

Just call me a certification junkie....
          Working on 70-621, 623 and 299 over the next month....
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Just call me a certification junkie....
            Working on 70-621, 623 and 299 over the next month....
            You must use a bloody big syringe to get all those long numbers up your arm.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X