No announcement yet.

Mcsa (70-290)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcsa (70-290)

Hi Guys,

Next week will be my first time taking the MCSA course (70-290) exam.
    i know that there will be a total of 50 question. But can i know how many question can we afford to get wrong in order to pass this exam?

And any advice for me... feeling kinda nervous and tense up already.

Please advice.

Re: Mcsa (70-290)

Hi Vampiel,
    First of all, no-one knows exactly how many questions you can get wrong, or how Microsoft mark the on-line exams. The pass mark is always 700, but out of some unknown total.

Do not worry about wrong questions -- just try your best and you will do fine.

My strategy, which seems to work for my students as well, is:
    1) Go through all the questions, answering them all but marking for review any where there is any doubt. On your noteboard, log the questions you are not sure about and which answers it might be. You will be happy with about 50% of the questions -- dont spend time agonising over others

2) When finished, return to the beginning and go through the marked questions, revising your answers if appropriate, especially since another question may give you some clues. You will now be OK with 90% of the questions

3) Go to the review screen and look again at the remaining questions. At this stage, it may come to a guess more than anything....

During each question:
    1) Skim the question and Exhibits
    2) Read all the answers
    3) Eliminate answers while referring to the question / exhibits. Just because an answer jumps out at you, its still a good idea to eliminate the others to make sure

Apart from that, the usual advice
    Brain Dump to your noteboard before you click GO
    If you panic, mark for review and move on

Good Luck!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **