Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-284 (Exchange 2003) Exam Question

Hi All,

I'm about a week from taking the MSCE 70-284 (Exchange 2003) certification and I have a few questions. Approximately how many questions are on the exam and how much time do you have? Also, does anyone recommend an online practice test. I'm using the ones that came with the study book (by Microsoft) and I'm a little disappointed to see that some of the questions were not covered in the book that tests came with!

I'm told the Exchange exam is one of the hardest - is this true? It's my first exam I decided to start with.
    Andre
    New York City

Re: 70-284 (Exchange 2003) Exam Question

Originally posted by Carbon_Filter View Post

I'm told the Exchange exam is one of the hardest - is this true? It's my first exam I decided to start with.
    Exchange exam is not difficult to pass if you have hands on experience on Microsoft Exchange server. If not, then might be difficult.

Well, you can go through Microsoft's virtual lab for Exchange 2007 at TechNet. They have separate lab for Exchange which covers everything.

And also make sure you are well aware of Microsoft ISA server which has relation with Exchange server. OWA is major thing &
    inter operability of Exchange with Unix based e-mail server.

[ Exchange 2003 lab is not available. Just go through Exchange 2007 lab, quite similar features. ]
    Last edited by sco1984; 9th April 2007, 07:00.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

I took it late last year and posted a review here
      IIRC 30 questions (I remember being surprised there were so few)

OK -- here is the link to save me typing more!
      http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=11829

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon_Filter View Post
        Also, does anyone recommend an online practice test. I'm using the ones that came with the study book (by Microsoft) and I'm a little disappointed to see that some of the questions were not covered in the book that tests came with!
        I used the MS Press book too. I would check every answer the CD gives you on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx. I've found that the practice exams contain lots of errors.

It may be tedious but I've found it to be a very effective way to study. It forces you to really understand the question and to really understand the answer so that you can confirm or contradict the practice exam answer they give you with confidence. And while you're researching the answer, you're learning all the mechanics that make an answer right or wrong. In short you're getting a better understanding of Exchange.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          I took it late last year and posted a review here
          IIRC 30 questions (I remember being surprised there were so few)
          Yeah I remember that too and was also quite surprised.

I took it last August and found it surprisingly easy. I did study my a$$ off for that one.

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X