• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 Certification

Just found the following:

http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/...fications.aspx

In a summary:

* MCSA and MCSE are still the right certifications if you are working with WS2000 or WS2003.

* MCSA and MCSE will not retire.

* In one year, the WS2000 MCSA and MCSE exams will retire (that's the exams, not the credentials); more news of this to publish soon.

* If you are planning for any of the core MCSA/MCSE 2003 exams, there are offers on related training: e-learning, ALL training kits and a few reference books, and practice tests through April/May 2007. Learn more.

* There are new elective options for SA/SE tracks.

* Longhorn Server certifications will be in the "new generation" structure of MCTS (3 exams) and MCITP (2 exams, respectively); no details yet on names/exam numbers/paths.

* The first exams will beta at TechEd (June 2007) then MCTS exams available one month after Windows Server "Longhorn" releases to manufacturing (RTM); MCITP exams available 2 months after Longhorn RTMs. For reference RTM is in late October/early November, it sounds like.

* There is no upgrade path from MCSA/MCSE 2000 to "Longhorn"

* There is an upgrade path for both MCSA and MCSE 2003 to "longhorn"

* Customers who hold an MCSA 2003 or MCSE 2003 by June 30, 2007 are eligible for a 40% savings voucher on their upgrade exam to Longhorn. You have to register for this offer in advance.

* MCPs should see credential path details in May; public announcements in June.
    this is the interesting one:

* Customers who hold an MCSA 2003 or MCSE 2003 by June 30, 2007 are eligible for a 40% savings voucher on their upgrade exam to Longhorn. You have to register for this offer in advance.
    For all you MCSA / MCSE 2003 ers out there, get to the website and register:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc....mspx#LONGHORN

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Longhorn Certification

Nice one buddy... I've registered.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Done. Thanks Michael.
      I wonder if the voucher expires?

EDIT - btw, I really haven't done much reading on the new certs... which one is more desirable, MCTS or MCITP? I do know that the MCTS and MCITP are more generic and it depends on the suffix (for lack of a better term) of the cert. Which one will parallel MCSE?

EDIT#2 - Nevermind http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx
      Last edited by JeremyW; 29th March 2007, 14:40.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. Registered and ready to test.

Wiley
        MSCA (2000 & 2003), MCSE (2000 & 2003), A+, Net+
        Next exams:70-298, 70-299 & Security+ for MCSE + Security
        "Never argue with a fool, because someone standing 15 feet away will not know which one of you is the fool."

Comment

Jeremy,

The e-mail I received said the voucher will be good six months from the day you receive it.

Wiley
          MSCA (2000 & 2003), MCSE (2000 & 2003), A+, Net+
          Next exams:70-298, 70-299 & Security+ for MCSE + Security
          "Never argue with a fool, because someone standing 15 feet away will not know which one of you is the fool."

Comment

Thanks Wiley. I guess I never followed up on that. It said that they'll be sending out the vouchers about a month from now... I guess that means I'll have to start studying soon.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X