No announcement yet.

MS Certs?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Certs?

Can I have a brief description of the different MS certs?

I am wondering what they are, and if I could pass them
    I have my iNet+ & i'm gonna go get my Net+ in like 2 weeks... I need another goal.

btw, I'm 15, and I have no job so can you tell me what the prices are too?

for a full description of the MS certs please go here:

as for the prices - you can find that info on the page I gave you, but from what I know they vary between $50 to $100, depending on your country of origin.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

Hi Genmud,
      There are several levels of Microsoft certification, depending on what you want to do:

MCP -- Certified Professional -- pass any one exam

MCSA -- Certified Systems Administrator in Windows 2000 or 2003 -- pass 4 exams on servers and workstations (2000 or XP Pro)

MCSE -- Certified Systems Engineer -- pass 7 exams including designing large scale networks

MCDBA -- Certified Database Administrator -- pass 4 (AFAIK) exams in Server and SQL Server

MCSD / AD -- Software developer in Visual Basic, C# or C++

From my experience (MCSA / MCSE in Windows 2000) you will need a good amount of practical experience with networks before thinking about the exams. They need more than just "book work" because they try to relate to the real world through simulations and practical situations. If you can rig up a small LAN with a server and a couple of workstations it will allow you to try out activities before you meet them in the exam.

Good Luck

Tom Jones
      ICT Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

New Certification

Microsoft has offered a new Certificate
        Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician (MCDST)
        Here are some new about it:
        Best regards,
        Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **