Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-291 and its material

Anyone done 291 lately?

I have 3 sources that I'm studying right now.
    Only 1, the MOAC text has sus material but it omits cidr.
    cbt nug video and the hard cover mcse/mcsa MS self paced training kit have no references to sus but have quite a bit on cidr and ip addressing.

Doesn't this seem odd?

I've been concentrating mostly on dns - seems to be the bulk of the material.
    IPsec is nuts! How much of that alphabet soup can anyone remember!

Thanks

Re: 70-291 and its material

I used CBT nuggets and MCSE / MCSA book and passed first time.

Was a lot easier than I expected and I didn't get any questions on CIDR etc. But dont take this as gospel as your exam might be different.

Just make sure your well prepared

Good Luck

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

thanks.
      As always it seems that TK type of "practice questions" or the vce are quite difficult.
      Many questions anyway.

Comment

AFAIK, SUS (or WSUS now) is covered in 70-290. It seems a bit off topic for networking.

Anecdotally, you will either get lots of DNS or lots of Supernetting/Subnetting. Of course, you dont know which until you sit the exam....

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I really like the Training-Kit series...

Comment

I am studying for this exam as well. I'm using MS Press for my main study and the Sybex book as a reference to the MS Press Book. I also have some virtual machines setup for simulation.
            MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Working...
            X