Passed 70-271, 272 so MCDST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-271, 272 so MCDST

This was supposed to be a week ago, but I got stuck in a blizzard on the way to the test centre, who were very nice and rearranged on the day!

Up at oh-dark-thirty and on the road for 4 hours, then hit the TC.
    70-272 (Supporting Desktop Applications) first. 50 questions, 95 minutes and I was out in 25 mins with 972. Nothing particularly difficult, but a couple on TCP/IP which I would have expected in 271. The main thrust seemed to be security, especially in IE

Quick coffee break and back in for 70-271 (Supporting Windows XP). 61 questions and 125 minutes. Passed with 983 in 50 mins. Again, mostly OK but one point where I got three questions, more or less in a row, on the Performance tab in Task Manager.

Both exams were very similar to the practice tests (Transcender and Self Test) and had very little in the way of graphical questions -- no simulations and a couple of point and click screen shots.

One thing I found odd in both exams was taking a few steps back from MCSE/SA level and coming back to low level support. I was looking for in depth solutions or rolling out a fix via group policy, where the questions were more of "which button to click".

So, am I becoming a certification junkie.... next on my list is 70-299 and MCSE:Security

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Passed 70-271, 272 so MCDST

Congrats! One day I need to start taking those damn tests lol.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

(Pssst Tom, want to change you name to Biggles for a few "tests")

Congratulations of the "just squeezed over the line" passes. Well done. Did you go home and swallow a dram or two?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

972, 983... what is that... maybe miss one question on each?

Well done!

I sometimes wonder what I'd score if I were to take 70-270 right now.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

2 Exams on the same day - well done, great score too!

Comment

Working...
          X