Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechNet direct . Anybody got this ?

Hello,
    I saw, in January 2007 some offer is going on brought to us from Microsoft.
    if a candidate gives exam between 1st Jan to 31st Jan 2007, He/she gets 1 year free subscription of TechNet direct online. I wonder if any1 of you got reply from Microsoft for the same. Any additional things to do so we get in to the offer ?

I am planning to sit for Exchange exam by the 30st Jan 2007. I am curious about
    this offer. Anybody already applied for TechNet Direct online ? If yes what is the process? Do we get e-mail from Microsoft for the same if we pass exam in Jan 2007 ?

Regards,
    Amey.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: TechNet direct . Anybody got this ?

I don't know anyone who has taken advantage of the offer, but Technet Plus is well worth taking up as it gives you unlimited copies of EVERYTHING except development tools for you to use for testing and evaluation. All OSes, Back Office, Office, Great Plains etc.

Obviously these are licensed only for non-commercial use, but my annual 250 is money very well spent. I plan to save a few and go to Technet Direct next year as the downloads do work well.

As far as the Exam Insurance offer goes, I would take it for Technet alone.

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really ? Thats awesome !!!! I thought only MVP's ( Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals ) get all licensed products from Microsoft. Not bad. I am probabbly gonna sit for Exchange exam by coming Saturday or on Monday. I'll get back to this thread after exam.

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      I don't know anyone who has taken advantage of the offer, but Technet Plus is well worth taking up as it gives you unlimited copies of EVERYTHING except development tools for you to use for testing and evaluation. All OSes, Back Office, Office, Great Plains etc.

Obviously these are licensed only for non-commercial use, but my annual 250 is money very well spent. I plan to save a few and go to Technet Direct next year as the downloads do work well.

As far as the Exam Insurance offer goes, I would take it for Technet alone.

Tom
      All in 1
      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

I think you need to register for it before you actually book the exam.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by sco1984 View Post
          Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really ? Thats awesome !!!! I thought only MVP's ( Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals ) get all licensed products from Microsoft. Not bad. I am probabbly gonna sit for Exchange exam by coming Saturday or on Monday. I'll get back to this thread after exam.
          You do have to fork out some money for Technet.... I think MVPs get everything free

Note that it is tied to the "Exam Insurance" offer, not just taking the exam, so I would find out about that before you sit, and preferably before you book.

Good luck, btw -- check my thread a couple of pages down about the 70-284 exam last year

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X