Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good online tutorial on Effective Permissions

Title says it all, really
    I'm trying to find a good (free) on-line tutorial on effective permissions (NTFS/Share combinations) for one of my current batch of students to study over the holidays, prepping for 70-290. Looking for lots of examples with different groups having different permissions (share and ntfs) and want to see the resulting final permissions.

Any good links please?
    Thanks in advance

Tom
    Last edited by Ossian; 22nd December 2006, 10:32.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Need a good online tutorial on Effective Permissions

Tom,

I am using CBT nuggets, these MS Press books amongst other things in preparation for the 70-290 and have to say I am impressed with both of them.

CBT do loads of great free online tutorials but there isn't one on NTFS permissions i'm afraid, although they cover NTFS permissions in detail on the 270 + 290 courseware.

I did come across this link on NTFS a while back - I thought it was quite good.

Comment

Re: Need a good online tutorial on Effective Permissions

I should have specified it a bit better:
      I' ve taught them the combination of permissions
      Best Share
      Best NTFS
      Worst of above

Now I'm looking for examples to practice with

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X