Passed 70-284

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-284

Well, I got through it -- Exchange 2003 so I should pick up "With Messaging" for at least one MCSA.

I broke my own rules and went in with limited preparation -- a couple of practice tests and a skim through books -- but real world experience pays off and I got 790, so a good enough pass.

Fortunately not too much clustering, which would have been my nightmare scenario, but quite a few TCP/IP questions, including routing and link costs. For anyone else taking it, I would recommend brushing up on 70-291 first.

I was also surprised to get "only" 30 questions in 100 minutes, but no complaints.

Now time to relax before getting into the next one -- more SQL server.

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Passed 70-284

Congrats!! I think I got roughly the same with tons of studying (of course I've had a lot less experience)
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Congrat's man.

TBH i thought this exam was the easiest. Either it was the easiest or I prepared well for it

Well done anyways

NOTE TO MYSELF - Get your ar$e is gear and book your next exam

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well done Tom!!
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Congrats man

I did not go into that exam at all, I did an upgrade from 2000 to 2003

Best regards,
          Mostafa
          Best regards,
          Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Congrats m8.

I really need to get my finger out and start studying for this as we';ve just rolled out Exchange 2003 corporate wide.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              Congrats m8.

I really need to get my finger out and start studying for this as we';ve just rolled out Exchange 2003 corporate wide.

Just tell 'em you know a local consultant
              We'll negotiate the profit share later
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Congrats Ossian!!!!
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I need also to start preparing my CCNP. I already started with MCSE + security, I need to do the messaging also.

To my information the A+ was renewed, I need to renew my certification in that, more over I also need to start CISSP.

I think this year I have to establish like 2 or 3 new certifications. I have started studying SQL to get my MCDBA then I stopped.

Best regards,
                  Mostafa
                  Best regards,
                  Mostafa Itani

Comment

Working...
                  X