Help with MCSE 2003 track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with MCSE 2003 track

I have been in the computer field for almost 9 years. I have bought the books to do the MCSE for about 5 years now. First I bought them for NT4.0, then I decided to wait because NT5 was going to come out, well we all know what happened to that and how long it took for 2000 to come out. Then I bought the 2000 books and started reading them and time again got away from me and I never did anything with them. Now I decided to bite the bullet and do it so I signed up for a class to learn the 2003 track. I have taken the classes for XP and the first server 2003 for tests 70-270 and 70-290 but have not taken the tests yet. I flew through both classes because I knew a lot of what was being taught but for some reason I can not pass the practise tests. I have testking, and troteck practise test and I can not understand why I can not pass them.

I know I have always had a problem reading to fast and missing something, but I have tried to slow myself down and read every word and really understand it. I know this stuff, I really do. Any help on what more I can do to maybe pass a test. Maybe just go and take one for real to see what they are really like, but I have heard they are almost just like testking and troteck.

Thanks
    Jim

Jim,

What you describe is something many people experience. Some of them fail exams because they were not prepared well enough, but others fail because of reading and understanding problems. I forgot the exact English medical term for this problem, but I do know it can be diagnosed. I don't know if this is something that has bothered you in other areas, but if you have written documentation describing your problem you might try to contact Microsoft and ask them to take the special exam made for people that have that sort of problems.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Petri
      Some of them fail exams because they were not prepared well enough, but others fail because of reading and understanding problems. I forgot the exact English medical term for this problem, but I do know it can be diagnosed.
      Dyslexia
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Right. As I said, I don't know if that's true in your case, but if it's something medical you check with MS to see if they have some sort of special arrangement for people with that kind of problem.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X