No announcement yet.

Any valid question material for 70-270?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any valid question material for 70-270?

Hello guys,

I'm gonna take the 70-270 exam, the last i must do for gaining my MCSA on Windows 2000. I'm so excited for the exam and very proudly to have worked hard for my MCSA in all this time!

I'll schedule my appointment in about 3 weeks and wanna know if someone can tell me where i can find some free example of test-based questions. (something like Testking - I know that Testking is under accuse but i must admit that it's the better way to prepare yourself to the real exam questions )

I'm asking this because when googleing i've noticed there are a few resources for the 70-270 and it's seems to have less consideration when compared to others (and more difficult) exams... but in the end... all of us must take it before place the "paper" to the wall no?!

Thanks

Re: Any valid question material for 70-270?

Originally posted by Tr3nga
    but i must admit that it's the better way to prepare yourself to the real exam questions
    Only if you want to cheat...
    I'd say the best way is to be working with XP in real situations. Another good way is to practice configuring the different aspects and functionality XP has to offer and familiarizing yourself with it's capabilities and what makes it different from other versions of the Windows OS.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

lists many sites that sample exams can be obtained from.

Tr3nga, if you are anything like me (my sympathies if you are ) then you too do not like going into exams not knowing what the format and layout of them are. While I agree TOTALLY with Jeremy about proper preparation by working with XP (and other apps) in real and lab situations, it is still nice to be able to test yourself on the subject to find what areas need to be addressed. That is where I think sample exams are necessary, especially with the cost of sitting the exams. If you have used any of the recognised study guides then they usually have some type of sample exams and often you can purchase further sets from them.

Tr3nga Good Luck (personally I think we should say Good Skill) with your exam and I hope you are considering doing the upgrade exams to the 2003 track. Also, let us know how you get on.

Finally, this thread is not to deteriorate into a debate on dumps and other such "cheating" related material. Thank you, I appreciate it.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the replies to both guys

Well i must say that i totally agree with you!
        Also i've met a lot of people cheating exams by using brain dumps and doing a lot of work merely with memory: simply this is not what i want to achieve with months on hard studying and practice... not onestly thing and (worst) an honorable behavior!

So I don't want to be a "paper" (and you no right?! ) and all of you want to master the knowledge and mind-approch that there is behind the exams... this is the real potential that help us to become really a IT professionists.
        And for make this we know also the right way: study & practice.
        But by taking exams we must take in consideration that's is also a challenge with a testing-format and time limit! At first it seems to be the badly part of the game but in real world it's useful for draw quickly a scenario and indentify the needs in a sinthetic way and in not-time-consuming fashion.

Finally, i think that working with the question-format give you a good framework to scroll into exam questions and practice with time help you to take the exam in a relaxed way and avoid panic.

I will inform you about my exam result and, obviously, i just thinking to MCSE and then make the upgrade.. it's a lot of work i know and in the end that's because i get very angry when some people frequently says "MS certifications?! Really too easy and not useful!" .. argh!

Thanks again

-=Tr3nga=-
        (_,

Comment

OK, I'll agree that it's good to know the format before hand. But you had mentioned Testking who is having legal issues right now over their content... kinda shady if you ask me.

I've always used ('cause I'm cheap) the test simulators that come with the MS Press books. I've found them adequate (although at times inaccurate) in prepping me for the format and getting me into the "test taking mentality". There may be better ones out there but I haven't had any experience or done any research on it.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW
            OK, I'll agree that it's good to know the format before hand. But you had mentioned Testking who is having legal issues right now over their content... kinda shady if you ask me.
            Opps.. something is not clear yet? I've said "something LIKE Testking" because i was poiting to something very closed to the real exam format... that's all

So, my exam 70-270 is nearly, i'll take it on 20 October and feel myself sufficient prepared and relatively calm. I've made all of questions on Microsoft Press Readiness Review Suite contained with the original MS book and i must say that it'has been improved a lot especially for the total number of questions available!

Only a doubt.. after this exam? What is the best way to follow for me? Do the upgrade exam or go ahead to complete the whole mcse on win2000 and lately take the two upgrade exams (70-292 & 70-296)?

Someone can give me a suggestion?

Thx 2 all in advance

-=Tr3nga=-

Comment

On the question of which track to follow after you pass 270. (By the way best wishes on 10/20).

Seems to be two trains of thought.

The first one says do the 2000 track and then upgrade to 2003. This gives you four certifications by the end.

The second one says do the 2003 track. Most of the people recommend this one based on the fact that a lot of people find the two upgrade exams extremely difficult and end up taking the four required exams for 2003 (290, 291, 293,294).

I received my orginal MCSA/MCSE in 2000 and later upgraded my MCSA by taking 290 and 291. I took the seperate ones, because I now teach the 2003 track and I wanted to see the exams my students would be taking. I will probably do the same to upgrade my MCSE.

If I was just starting out, I would just do the 2003 track. Once you get your MCSE, it would seem hard to get motivated to take 2 to 4 more MS exams.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Wiley
              MSCA (2000 & 2003), MCSE (2000 & 2003), A+, Net+
              Next exams:70-298, 70-299 & Security+ for MCSE + Security
              "Never argue with a fool, because someone standing 15 feet away will not know which one of you is the fool."

Comment

Originally posted by WileyCoyote
                Seems to be two trains of thought.

The first one says do the 2000 track and then upgrade to 2003. This gives you four certifications by the end.

The second one says do the 2003 track. Most of the people recommend this one based on the fact that a lot of people find the two upgrade exams extremely difficult and end up taking the four required exams for 2003 (290, 291, 293,294).
                To WileyCoyote.. hi!

actually i've passed the exams 70-215, 70-216, 70-218 and now i think that i'll choose to take the remains tests up to gain MCSE on Win2k and then upgrade with the 2 exam 70-292 & 70-296.

It could be better because taking the exams 290, 291, 293,294 (how you said, if i got wrong correct me plz) doesn't fill the entire cert-track to the MCSE on Win2k3. : there are yet another 2 additional exam (Design and Elective) no? 6 exams in total

So i prefer the first way: "only" 5 exams (3 of MCSE on Win2k and 2 for upgrading)

Something doesn't look correctly in my way of planning?

Originally posted by WileyCoyote
                Once you get your MCSE, it would seem hard to get motivated to take 2 to 4 more MS exams.
                All that i can say... holy words mate!

Good work & study to all

-=Tr3nga=-

Comment

Tr3nga,

The requirements for MCSE2000: 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 270.
                  219 and 220 are the design tests
                  The requirements for MCSE2003: 290, 291, 293,294, 297, 298, 270.
                  297 and 298 are the design tests.

These are, of course sample tracks. I use 220/298 for my classes, because I like my students to have more experience in design. But these are used for the elective exam and I think more commonly is the 7-284.

So to get both certifications you need 7 exams plus 2 upgrade exams. You have a good start on the 2000 track so you might as well continue on. Especially since you have gotten 216 - "the mother of all exams" out of the way.

Be sure and check on the MS site for requirements and alternative paths. Have you signed up on the MCP site. They include a great tool for helping you plan your certifications, what exams you have passed, and your options for future exams.

As I tell my students, the best thing to do is to commit to taking exams in a continuous stream. As soon as you pass one, start on the next one. Most of the material overlaps from one exam to the next, so knock them out when the material is fresh in your mind.

Good luck,

Wiley
                  MSCA (2000 & 2003), MCSE (2000 & 2003), A+, Net+
                  Next exams:70-298, 70-299 & Security+ for MCSE + Security
                  "Never argue with a fool, because someone standing 15 feet away will not know which one of you is the fool."

Comment

70-270 passed with flames

Yes guyz, all the things have gone well! I've passed the exam 70-270 with a score of 952/1000 and i've open quickly after the 1st beer of my happy-weekend

Now i gain my MCSA on Windows 2000 and go straight ahead to the remain exams for complete the track MCSE and finally do the upgrade to 2003.

Really thanks to all of you for comments & suggestions.

-=Tr3nga=-

Comment

Congrats!
                      Way to go!
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Congratulations, Tr3nga!
                        Tom Jones
                        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nice job Tr3nga, well done!
                          1 1 was a racehorse.
                          2 2 was 1 2.
                          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                          X