Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recertification

Hi friends
    My cer. will be expired by the end of this year. I am looking to take one exam of ccnp but I wonder if there is some one give me advice on what modul I should take first. my daily work I think more on routing(BCSI) and remote(BCRAN)
    I feel clicking on my head now

Re: Recertification

Hi aitymo,

Thank you for posting!

Did you say that you are recertifying your CCNP? (meaning you already have your CCNP?) To recertify you can either take the one composite exam or the 2 exams seperately.

As you do routing and switching in your daily job, I would recommend going for the composite routing & switching exam, 642-891
    (see this link)
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le...s/642-891.html

You can compare taking the composite exam to the individual exams at the CCNP certification website:
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le...type_home.html

If you have topical questions during your studies, please post them here, in the CCNA/CCDA/CCNP certification forum!

Thanks,
    David
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Thanks Alot David
      I decided to go for BCRAN. will give you information by 17 January 2007 when I go out from Prometric center
      Regards

Comment

HI aitymo

Good luck on your test!

Let us know how it goes.

David

Comment

Hi aitymo,

I just sat the 642-891 this am and it was brutal!.. I managed to pass but it was close. One thing to watch you for is the Cisco press books. Make sure you get the updated versions as lot of material is not cover in the first and second editions.

I think they are gearing toward the new test already and you need to cover this material.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi martyfitz,
            Thanks for your test tips.
            I am curious- did you have any simulations on the test? For example, where they gave you a router prompt and you had to actually type router commands?
            I like the idea of exam simulations. I think it is more "real world".
            Thanks for your post!
            David

Comment

Hi All
              Yes In the exam they have three to 4 flash router and switch SIM. It very important if
              you do not success any of them you absolutely fail inspite of all the other writing correct never the less In the exam you type full cmd like: configure terminal if you type: conf t and Copy running-config startup-config not as we do daily: w t you not get 100% correct.
              At the beginning they we aske you about your backgrond I do not know what for but my opinion is just answer we are newbie to everything . i thinh they base on some question to randomise your test I think I am not sure.

YES the old modules exired on august 15 this year already now I have to follow new path and change BCRAN= BSCI I just receive emai; from cisco I just paste some here for your ref:
              Cisco Announces Updates to CCNP Certification and Launches CCNP Prep Center
              Professional-Level Certification Validates IT Professionals' Training to Design, Implement and Maintain Converged Network Environments

SAN JOSE, Calif., August 15, 2006 - Cisco Systems® today announced enhancements to its premier professional certification, CCNP®. The course and exam updates help ensure that a growing number of networking professionals have the knowledge, skills and credentials necessary to deploy and maintain fully integrated network infrastructure services and applications, while providing a clear career path in today's market. To assist networking professionals preparing for the CCNP certification, Cisco today announced the availability of the CCNP Prep Center (http://www.cisco.com/go/prep-ccnp).

"Networks are evolving from closed infrastructures to integrated systems that enable organizations to work more closely with users worldwide by connecting and automating business processes and applications," said Zeus Kerravala, vice president at Yankee Group. "Bringing applications and services such as security, voice and wireless to the Internet has had a dramatic impact on the network, how it is used and how productivity and profitability are maximized."
              Course (Exam)

* BCMSN (642-812) Campus Switch Networks Wireless LAN
              * BSCI (642-901) Routing Protocols at Campus Edge
              * ISCW (642-825) Implementing Secure Converged WANs
              * ONT (642-845) Optimized Converged Cisco Networks

Open to Cisco Certified individuals, the CCNP Prep Center provides CCNP certification candidates access to a wide variety of resources, including practice questions, tips, expert advice, success stories and peer discussion forums. The CCNP Prep Center also allows networking professionals to easily access information and formal training from Cisco Learning Solutions Partners.
              Last edited by aitymo; 31st August 2006, 16:33.

Comment

HI aitymo,
                I am glad to hear that they are really using the router simulation questions on the exam. This is very cool. It will prevent people who don't have real router experience from getting certified.
                Thanks for the good info!
                David

Comment

Yeah. Cisco added new syllabus to CCNP cert. Key thing to notice they came up
                  with IP Version 6 and Voice over IP funda. But compare to CCSP, CCNP contains
                  lot of material to study..Hugeeeeeeeeee !!!!! I really dont like to create VLANs
                  for layer III switches... I am not good in it to say actually..Hehe ... Security is
                  pretty cool... Cisco PIX and ASA....I took some pause...I am planning to continue
                  my pending graduation .....
                  All in 1
                  Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Working...
                  X