Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco Routing Quiz - Part 2

Hello to All,

I posted a 15 question Cisco routing quiz over on my personal website and I thought I would share some of the questions with you all, who may be preparing for your CCNA exam. If you already have your CCNA, perhaps you just want to test your knowledge to prep for your CCNA recertification exam.

Here are 5 of the 15 questions and answers (answers at the bottom).

6. What is the process of sending routes from one routing protocol to another routing protocol?

a. Redistribution
    b. Distribution
    c. Filtering
    d. Prepending
    e. Source Routing

7. Which command tells RIP to send hellos, out an interface, to find neighbors and to advertise routes?
    a. hello
    b. network
    c. interface
    d. advertise
    e. neighbor

8. You want to filter inbound routes from an OSPF neighbor. Which command do you use?
    a. Distribute-list
    b. Route-list
    c. Prefix-list
    d. Filter-list

9. In BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP, an internetwork under common administration, is called what?
    a. Routing system
    b. Autonomous routing
    c. Routing Domain
    d. Autonomous system

10. Which command do you use to prevent OSPF HELLO packets from going out a configured interface?

a. no network
    b. passive
    c. no advertise
    d. hello-off
    e. quiet

ANSWERS:
    6. A. Redistribution
    7. B. Network
    8. A. Distribute-list
    9. D. Autonomous System
    10. B. Passive
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Re: Cisco Routing Quiz - Part 2

DAMN!!! Got them all wrong. Guess I should really get that Train Signal CBT.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
      DAMN!!! Got them all wrong. Guess I should really get that Train Signal CBT.

You may also refer SYBEX 5th edition designed for 640-801 exam and written
      by Todd Lammle. The contains are in easy and in simple language. Cisco press
      books always comes with heavily loaded hard to understand techie language..Hehe !
      All in 1
      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Got all but number 7 right. Got confused by it cause RIP doesn't use hello protocol packets.......... Also, the network command doesn't let you specify an interface on the router. What it does is let you specify which directly connected networks will be included in routing protocol updates, regardless of the interface itz connected to.
        Last edited by lazareth1; 6th June 2008, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by lazareth1 View Post
          Got all but number 7 right. Got confused by it cause RIP doesn't use hello protocol packets.......... Also, the network command doesn't let you specify an interface on the router. What it does is let you specify which directly connected networks will be included in routing protocol updates, regardless of the interface itz connected to.
          RIP send periodical advertisements, from this point of view you can say that this messages are hellos. When you use the command network you do 2 thinks : 1. rip announce this network in his messages and 2. RIP messages are sent throughout the interface that belongs to that network. To inhibit the rip messages to be sent over a link, but that network still exist in the routing messages you use the passive interface command.

Comment

Yes I agree with what the network command does, but RIP doesn't use the 'hello' protocol to advertise so doesn't send hello packets.

Comment

you are right
              Last edited by daviddavis; 24th July 2008, 14:30.

Comment

Hello david.
                I always read your posts in techrepublic and use them at my work place
                they are great and practical.

Comment

#7 should be changed, RIP doesn't do hello packets.

Advertisements are not the same as hello, hello is used to sync neighbors together where as RIP just blindly sends/receives routes.

Comment

Just a clarification on question #8

Ospf doesnt send routes. It sends LSA's. You can use a distribute-list inbound but it will only remove the route from the RIB but that router will pass the LSA on to its neighbors. That downstream neighbor will think it can reach that particular prefix and the upstream router will essentially black hole the traffic. You can filter inter-area routes with the area " " filter-list command. This will stop the advertisement of said LSA either into the area or outbound to the backbone. If you do use the distribute-list make sure you use it on every router in that particular area.
                    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
                    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
                    X