virtual routers password removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual routers password removal

I got a practice lab for ssna. however there are passwords in teh routers. the place i got them from says there are no passwords. i do i remove and change those passwords on a virtual router?? Please

Re: virtual routers password removal

oops can't type . that of course was to be CCNA labs

Comment

Huh? What virtual routers? I've no idea where you're talking about.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

In a CCNA virtual lab there are passwords already set on the routers. On a real router you would just control break to set to config-register to 0x2101 but you can not do that on a virtual router. is there a why to reomve or rest?

Comment

where did you get the labs from ?
          i know they say there are no passwords.. but i would suggest opening a support case, showing them where the passwords are, and demonstrating the passwords.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

i got this from calss. I suspect it is a cracked copy. so support i would think is out. i willl check with the school to see if indeed it is legal. ya just never know. thanks for the reply. seems that dumber does not know what a virtual router is

Comment

Originally posted by roverman2007 View Post
              i got this from calss. I suspect it is a cracked copy. so support i would think is out. i willl check with the school to see if indeed it is legal. ya just never know. thanks for the reply. seems that dumber does not know what a virtual router is
              So you are referring to Cisco provided virtual routers for your studies or whathever else you are using it for? You have posted in the MS Virtual Server and Virtual PC forum hence the confusion. If you can confirm that it is Cisco and I will move the post to the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Comment

What type of lab is this? Is it running Dynamips/GNS3? If so you can just look at the config and see what the password is (assuming its not encrypted), or you can just remove it entirely from the config. If its some other vendor then you may have to go to their support.

Is this a real lab with real hardware? If there are passwords on the devices and you cant get in just do a password recovery. You can google for password recovery, depending on the model router/switch, the options vary.
                CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
                CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Working...
                X