Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about the BSCI Lab Portfolio book.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about the BSCI Lab Portfolio book.

Hi all

This is my first post, so first of all all me to say a big HELLOOO to you all, and to thank everyone here for providing such a useful site.

Ok, here is the question that I have. I'm currently working out of the Cisco Press BSCI Lab Portfolio book, and am stuck on a question about timers in lab 2-6 'EIGRP Authentication and Timers'. Here is the text of the question:-

"The hello interval determines how often outgoing EIGRP hellos are sent, while the hold-time monitors incoming hellos. You are more concerned with the hold time than the hello interval, because the hold time detects a dead neighbor. However, you also want the neighbors to send the same number of hellos as under normal circumnstances before declaring a neighbor dead.

What is the hold time you will configure?

What is the hello interval you intend to configure?"

According to the book, the answer is a hello interval of 2, and a hold time of 8. I don't understand how this affects the relationship between neighbors. I don't even understand why I want to change defaults at all! Can anyone make sense of this question please? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

John

A Cisco Press BSCI Lab Portfolio question.

Hi all

This is my first post, so first of all all me to say a big HELLOOO to you all, and to thank everyone here for providing such a useful site.

Ok, here is the question that I have. I'm currently working out of the Cisco Press BSCI Lab Portfolio book, and am stuck on a question about timers in lab 2-6 'EIGRP Authentication and Timers'. Here is the text of the question:-

"The hello interval determines how often outgoing EIGRP hellos are sent, while the hold-time monitors incoming hellos. You are more concerned with the hold time than the hello interval, because the hold time detects a dead neighbor. However, you also want the neighbors to send the same number of hellos as under normal circumnstances before declaring a neighbor dead.

What is the hold time you will configure?

What is the hello interval you intend to configure?"

According to the book, the answer is a hello interval of 2, and a hold time of 8. I don't understand how this affects the relationship between neighbors. I don't even understand why I want to change defaults at all! Can anyone make sense of this question please? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

John

Comment

Re: A Cisco Press BSCI Lab Portfolio question.

Hmm... no... this would be your second post and one that is a double post with
      http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=36729

I've requested the duplicate be removed but please make sure you have a read of the rules before you post again, thanks
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Yep, the first time I missposted in error. Apologies. Got my answer now anyway, but thanks for reading.

Comment

Threads merged.
          you might post the answer for the benefits of other members.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: A question about the BSCI Lab Portfolio book.

Ahem, I was rushing and didn't read the question properly. All the info I needed was there.

Comment

Working...
            X