CCENT - CCNA recommended switches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCENT - CCNA recommended switches

I'm looking to get a couple or 3 switches to begin setting up a lab. I have used GNS3 for most of the router stuff and it's worked very well.

I'm thinking 2950's for the switches.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for switches that will suffice for getting through the CCNA?

We're replacing 3 2621 routers and a 3640 at work so I'll have the chance to work on those so I may not need to purchase any routers for my own lab. We're replacing the old routers with 2811's. Again I have the oportunity to work on the newer equipment before it goes in place.

Thanks for your help!
    CCA: XenApp 5.0

Re: CCENT - CCNA recommended switches

I used 2950's and 2621's myself for my CCNA labs. These should do the job for you. You'll be able to set up all the stuff you'll find on the exams: routing, bridging, VLAN's STP, ACL's, etc., etc. this document is pretty handy for configuring a back to back frame relay on the 2621 routers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk71...80094a3b.shtml

Comment

Just bought a couple 12 port 2950's on ebay. I'm looking at a few DTE/DCE cables as well.

Now if I just had a few thousand dollars to throw around....

Comment

I actually got two 2621 routers and one 2900 switch for about $300.00 US from a company that sells Cisco training kits. They also came with a bunch of documentation, cables, etc.

http://www.ciscokits.com/index.php

Comment

Great site Joe!

Thanks for the heads up. Prices are a bit high but I looks like they have good equipment and they offer warranties so it makes sense.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
              Glad to help.
              i'm studying up for my ccna as well and was looking at setting up a lab soon. thanks for sharing.

Comment

More than happy to.

Comment

Working...
                X