Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in Cisco's worl - Pls help

Hi there,

I had some knowledge about network ( I have MCSA) and now I want to learn myself CCNA. A lot of CCNA resource from Internet (text book, simulator...) make me confusing. Could someone please tell me which textbook and simulator softwate I should follow to get a CCNA (the certificate AND knowledge).

Thanks in advance,
    Newbievn

Re: Newbie in Cisco's worl - Pls help

Basic routes are generally:
    1. cisco.com - lots of info here regarding product lines/configs etc
    2. buy cheap hardware or look for open source simulators (there are some noted in the forums here)
    3. read up on networking in general from the web, google brings up lots of hits.
    4. if you get stuck on a specific then ask in forums etc

CCNA is a good qualification but does require hard work. Part of which is the research.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Same advice as Andy really. Some reading on general network theory would also be good. Numerous used books on amazon to choose from there.

Comment

Also it would be worth noting, a Cisco 857 or 877 ADSL router (if you have ADSL in your area) would be a good bit of kit to buy and practice on. Ebay offers these at good prices if you look about.
        Shadow2k - MCP, MCSA, MCSA:Security, MCSE, MCSE:Security, MCTSx8, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA, MCITP:VA, MCITP:EDST

Comment

Be aware of the most current list of test objectives. Cisco is constantly changing this. The CCENT1 and CCENT2 along with the CCNA Wireless, CCNA Voice & CCNA Security are all examples of this. Whatever material you use, make sure you reconcile it with the published test objectives on cisco.com.

Comment

New in Cisco's world of certification

i am not new to networking,,but yes to cisco certification i will be doing ICND1 then go on and on

Comment

I am not sure if they still do but the wendell odem study materials I believe used to come with some sort of basic simulator. I would like to add that only focusing on router config would not be wise though as there will probably be a lot of switch questions - STP - VLAN - that stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X