What Cisco Equipment to buy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Cisco Equipment to buy

I am just starting the process for CCNA and CCNP. I can do virtual but I also think I may look into buying the equipment. Being a rookie and understanding I should get 3 routers. What models are good to purchase and what version of IOS??

Just don't want to buy the wrong/old kit or IOS that's too old

Thanks

Re: What Cisco Equipment to buy

The CBT course recommends the 851W. That includes wireless and the "SDM" which is a fairly newer feature of the IOS. That way you can get used to configuring the wireless from the CLI or GUI as there are many questions in the CCNA exam that now include alot of wireless content. Other than that Packet Tracer or GNS3 (providing you have copies of the IOS) does a dam fine job. Furthermore are you sitting ICND1 & 2? Or just the condensed version? In my opinion its better sometimes depending on your level of experience to start with the CCENT (ICND1) and then sit the second exam.
    Last edited by scurlaruntings; 27th October 2008, 10:35.

Comment

Re: What Cisco Equipment to buy

Originally posted by bennisennis View Post
      I am just starting the process for CCNA and CCNP. I can do virtual but I also think I may look into buying the equipment. Being a rookie and understanding I should get 3 routers. What models are good to purchase and what version of IOS??

Just don't want to buy the wrong/old kit or IOS that's too old

Thanks
      2600's should be fine. You should get some good deals on ebay. Make sure you have WICs for your models. An older 2500 series will work well as a Frame Switch.

Comment

Working...
      X