Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Guide for CCNA Certification

Novice,

I have a Cisco Router 2621, Cisco Router 2611, (2) Cisco 2912XL switch, and Linksys Router home network with Internet access.

I'm preparing for my CCNA, and I'm unsure to what areas to study. Some of the list that I think I should focus on is RIP v1 and 2 and OSPF.

Could someone give me other areas that I need to prepare for CCNA Certification?

tsignal32

Re: Study Guide for CCNA Certification

Are you planning to take the CCNA exam in once or are you going to do Intro and ICND separately.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Dumber,

I will be taking ICND part 1 and 2 separately.

tsignal32

Comment

Originally posted by tsignal32 View Post
        Novice,

I have a Cisco Router 2621, Cisco Router 2611, (2) Cisco 2912XL switch, and Linksys Router home network with Internet access.

I'm preparing for my CCNA, and I'm unsure to what areas to study. Some of the list that I think I should focus on is RIP v1 and 2 and OSPF.

Could someone give me other areas that I need to prepare for CCNA Certification?

tsignal32
        Cisco has changed exam pattern littlebit which includes mroe weitage on Cisco propriatory protocols.

I am been working in networking industry from last 2 yeas. What I figured out is 99.99% IT companies are using PPTP links. Common scenario is dedicated VPN between all branchs world wide and ISP 10/100 MBPS leased/fibre channel links.

If you want to step in to cisco networking area then consider of joining ISP company or a company who design big networks and networks including VLAN etc...Studying RIP1, RIP2, OSPF is not imp as its one time config in router.

Its good to study VLAN in details. Not many CCNA's including me can set up VLAN's.
        If you dont have touch, VLAN commands vanishes from brain.

I suggest to sit for single 640-802 exam. If money & time is not a big issue for you then you can go for splitted exams.

It's really imp to decide where you want to go. If you want to go in to voice line or security line, 640-802 single exam is a good step rather than going for 2 splitted exams. Laterz you can concentrate more on professional level exams which increases chances to get better job.

Please dont think that I am discouraging you from going for 2 splitted exam.

Regards,
        Amey.
        All in 1
        Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Amey,

Thanks - For the advice, and explaination on CCNA examination. I'm currently studying, and I planning on taking the exam in two months after reading the resources including pratice hands-on-training with my cisco switches and routers that I have setup at home.

Thanks
          tsignal32

Comment

Working...
          X