Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One exam vs. Two Exams

Money aside....
    What are the experiences of test takers with the one exam vs. two exam approach.
    What I have heard is that you really need to know your stuff with the one exam. Time is critical, so you don't have much time to figure things out. This exam is better for people with more experience or to re-certify.
    With two exams, you have more time but the questions are more in depth. These exams would be better for newbies.
    What does everyone think?

Re: One exam vs. Two Exams

What are you talking about?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Tom,
      To earn the CCNA certification it's possible to do it at once or spread it over 2 exams (INTRO and ICND)

@TS:
      I've done it at once and passed it at the first time. However it really doens't matter if you take one or spread it over 2 exams. Both options will give you the CCNA certification.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by antknee869 View Post
        Money aside....
        What are the experiences of test takers with the one exam vs. two exam approach.
        What I have heard is that you really need to know your stuff with the one exam. Time is critical, so you don't have much time to figure things out. This exam is better for people with more experience or to re-certify.
        With two exams, you have more time but the questions are more in depth. These exams would be better for newbies.
        What does everyone think?
        I would lock myself in a room to prepare for single CCNA exam, would dang it and then would invest my money in CCSP/CCNP track ...

Well I did that before..Hehe!! Left my job in back 2006 to prepare only for CCNA [ 640-801 exam].
        Locked myself at hostel, bought dial up internet for online help etc and bought new laptop to simulate routers virtually. Also used e-learning videos which helped a lot.

Beleive me CCNA exam is not really difficult. And if you reside within United states/ Europe is more over easy. Because easy to borrow routers, switches on rent.
        Go for single 640-802 exam. More confusion when studying for 2 splitted CCNA exams. I also thought CCNA exam is damn difficult before passing it. But if you are well prepared nothing to worry.

When i started preparing for 640-801 exam, I was a newbie. Usually people take training from institutes and sit for single exam. After passing CCNA exam, you'll realize that 2 exams to become CCNA from Cisco is nothing but to make more money from CCNA certified people. No offence to Cisco ...Pls dont mind
        All in 1
        Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Working...
        X