Cannot Ping (Simulator)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Ping (Simulator)

I am interested in getting the CCNA, I have my own lab of three 2500 Router, 6 PC's and three 1900 Switches with only Basic (Standard) IOS. Firstly, is it possible to upgrade my 1924-A to an Enterprise IOS and is it true that this model is virtually useless for Trunking or VLAN and for that matter the CCNA.

Secondly, I do lots of experimenting with different layouts and do all my initial testing using the Cisco v3.2 Simulator but the problem is I can not ping from a PC on network A thought a Router A to a Router B (Network B) pass the S0. I cannot ping the E0 whichever way I try to ping (networks A,B and C).
    I have a PC plugged in to a 1900 Switch on either side. Such a simple setup but so frustrating. I have two LAN's with 192.168.x.x/24 and the WAN across the two Routers with 172.16.x.x/16 with no ACL just a simple RIP setup. The Switches are not configured. Can anyone help, thank you!

Re: Cannot Ping (Simulator)

Originally posted by bplslp View Post
    the two Routers with 172.16.x.x/16 with no ACL just a simple RIP setup. The Switches are not configured. Can anyone help, thank you!
    172.16 is NAtted ? Just for info > 172.16 is private IP range and is not routable. across WAN link.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Re: Cannot Ping (Simulator)

Technically it's not true that RFC 1918 addresses are not routable. The truth is that no ISP will route a RFC 1918 address but it's perfectly valid and legitimate to route those addresses across a private WAN such as the one you have. This is fairly typical as 99.999% of multi-location companies do exactly what you are trying to do: route from one RFC 1918 subnet to another across private WAN links. Are you advertising each subnet via RIP so that each router knows what networks lie behind it and advertise those networks to there RIP neighbors? Are the WAN links up? Can S0 on one router communicate with S0 on the other router? What type of connection do you have configured on the S0 interfaces?

Comment

Working...
      X