Working on CCNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on CCNA

So last week I finally spent some money and purchased CCNA study guide and pocket command line reference. My goal is to pass my CCNA by december wish me luck.

Any other suggestions or links you guys can give me will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Working on CCNA

please review:
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=15072
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks so much I'll try my best I am first going for CCENT so instead of passing just one exam I'll do ICDN 1 and then ICDN 2 for full CCNA.

Honestly from the looks of it so far it looks really difficult and I am not totally new to networks and Cisco stuff lol. However I have more of Netscreen experience than Cisco but that will change because we are planning on adding more Cisco equipment at work and redoing most of our network so I am hoping that will come in handy. I have access to Cisco 1700 Routers, 2900 serious switches and 6500 series switches I am assuming that should be enough?

Comment

do you have those routers and switches available for testing purposes?
        If yes, that should be enough.

As long as you can setup vtp, eigrp, ospf and rip you're ok.
        I've done just one exam to pass the exam.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

Yes I have all those available for testing purposes, all sitting on my desk actually at work . So I actually feel lucky.

I was thinking about just taking one test but I am kind of scared of failing it. So I am hoping since this is my first step in Cisco's world I'll take shorter steps.

Comment

I took the 2 exam option and found them both very passable. (Certainly a lot easier than the MS exams!)]

If you have kit you can play with then you will be fine, hands on is a must and the more exposure you have to the kit the better.

I found the Cisco press books the best ones to use.

Good luck!
            MCSA/MCSE 2000
            MCSA/MCSE 2003
            CCNA

I love pies.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. How much does this certification cost by the way if I take the 2 cert option?

Comment

I think exactly the double cost than one exam and a double injection of study-work

Personally I defend the two exams approch especially when you must renew your CCNA after 3 years of exipiration time and this sometime can be very frustrating for ones like me who had to renew for the 2rd time!

In fact, my validation period expires on 25/11 and actually i'm not very motivated because i'm busy to complete my MCSE and it doesn't have much time for them cert paths. However I must admit that when i took the renew exam onyl a couple of topics were present in addition (ospf and bgp) so i feel the tentation to take the exams on-the-fly after only a rapid brief.. what you think about it

For the rest my suggestion for study book is Sybex, try it and you never get them away!

Tr3nga

p.s. sorry for my english if somewhat is not clearly..

Comment

== Errata corrige ==
                  Upps!! "..Personally I defend the ONE exams approch.."

Comment

why not doing a CCNP module?
                    CCNA is then automatically renewed.
                    Marcel
                    Technical Consultant
                    Netherlands

Comment

It's my consolidate opinion that is unuseful to study for CCNP if you are unable to work on router and switches in the same scenarios covered by CCNP exams at the same time you are studying on books. Tipically this requires a very complex labs and equipments costly that only ISP own.

In addition nobody hires a fresh CCNP without experience so usually I suggest to people interested on CCNP to closely look at his/her job position to understand if it's worth really.

Tr3nga

Comment

Thanks for some good replies and insight. My plan is CCENT and then hopefully CCNA and then CWNA I'm more interested in working with networking devices, infrastructure design, connectivity etc. So I think my certs will compliment each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Tr3nga View Post
                          It's my consolidate opinion that is unuseful to study for CCNP if you are unable to work on router and switches in the same scenarios covered by CCNP exams at the same time you are studying on books. Tipically this requires a very complex labs and equipments costly that only ISP own.

In addition nobody hires a fresh CCNP without experience so usually I suggest to people interested on CCNP to closely look at his/her job position to understand if it's worth really.

Tr3nga
                          It's a bit offtopic however you didn't mention that you didn't work with cisco anymore.
                          For my current Job Position i need to certify at least for MCSE, CCSE+ and CCSP.
                          Marcel
                          Technical Consultant
                          Netherlands

Comment

Well i have to admit that it's not in my style loose certifications but MCSE now is my priority so i must loose forcibly my CCNA but i'm thinking that i'll re-gaining it.

=Tr3nga=

Comment

I am A CCNP Certified..

I had :
                              ============ CCNA 2005
                              ============ CCNP 2006
                              ============ CCDA 2006
                              ============ CCIP 2007
                              ============ MCSE 2005
                              ============ MCSA 2006
                              ============ MCSD 2006
                              ============ MCDA 2005
                              ============ A+ 2003
                              ============ Networks + 2007

also I have three more certifications in that field..

I am ready for any help..

All POI's as PDF files and lab's for all with me in a shared folder in LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR
                              Last edited by daviddavis; 10th January 2008, 22:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X