Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco Introduces New Entry-level Certification And Updates To Ccna

Hello to all those apearing for CCNA !!! Attention pls

Cisco is about to revise syllabus for CCNA cert. I got e-news from Cisco as I am a CCNA. News is as follows. You may also can read detailed info at Cisco's certification page .

================================================== ==============================

Cisco Introduces New Entry-Level Certification and Updates to CCNA

On June 25, 2007, Cisco announced the addition of a new entry-level certification, Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) to the Career Certifications program. Cisco also introduced significant enhancements to the popular CCNA certification.

CCENT presents a new point of entry for those just beginning to build a career in networking. As an optional stepping stone to CCNA, CCENT validates the skills required to successfully install and verify basic networks—a requirement for most entry-level network support positions. At the same time, Cisco’s foundational CCNA curricula has been revised to include a greater breadth of networking topics and more focus on performance-based skills to differentiate Cisco-certified applicants in the IT job market. The CCNA curricula will be available worldwide on July 26, 2007 and exams will be released on August 1, 2007. Both curricula and exams will be initially released in English . Versions in simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish will also be made available in December 2007. Additional languages will be announced as translation plans are finalized.

The CCENT learning path includes:
    A required exam: ICND1 640-822
    A recommended course: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1

The CCNA learning path includes:
    Required exams: ICND1 640-822 and ICND2 640-816, or CCNA 640-802 composite exam
    Recommended courses: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2

For more information on the CCENT and CCNA certifications, watch the “CCNA and CCENT Certification Overview” video posted on the CCNA Prep Center. The CCNA Prep Center which is available to anyone with a Cisco.com login helps candidates prepare for the CCENT and CCNA exams.

CCNA Questions and Answers

CCENT Questions and Answers

Additional CCNA and CCENT information.

Regards,
    Cisco Career Certifications
    ================================================== ==============================
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: Cisco Introduces New Entry-level Certification And Updates To Ccna

Thx for the infos sco1984, i've received the same mail as you because i'm a CCNA too since 2001... but before 25 Nov 2007 i must renew this certification and take the exam for 3rd time . Not very motivated i've to say and this also because CCNA and other certs don't worth in real work-life as i was thinking at the start of my career. But i continue to study.. this is strange and funny
    Sincerely i'm very angry for this and seeing ppl working on router and switch while i have CCNA and MCSE and travel around my company building only for make some cabling on patch panel for the cordeless phone!!!

Study or not.. this is the question.. I's a shame!

Tr3nga

Comment

Originally posted by Tr3nga View Post
      i have CCNA and MCSE and travel around my company building only for make some cabling on patch panel for the cordeless phone!!!

Tr3nga
      I come under the same catagory some how. I dont touch routers that much. Hehe !! Just holding tatoo on my resume saying I am da CCNA & MCSE. Cisco never cares about canddiates who pass Cisco exams. We need them. They dont need us!!! How pity !!! One can easily get in to Windows administration because theoritical part clears most concepts.
      In Cisco world, one must have worked freqntly on routers,switches to know how to .... Cisco is revising syllabus of all cert's exception is CCIE i guess as its always updated. Ha !
      I suggest you to sit for "SND" exam on CCSP track to maintain your Cisco cert.
      Ofcourse If you have interest in security. Otherwise you can sit for 1 of the CCNP
      exam. Setting up network is really boring. Hehe .... Cisco's security products are cool. And easy to configure. Everything is in GUI mode. I passed CCNA last year in May . Still 2 years to go. I dunno if I'll stick to Cisco or will say bye bye !!!
      Cisco just have hold in asian market I guess. In America & Europe all companies prefer Juniper , 3COM ??? Yes I beleive so !!! Cisco certs are famous because they are in cert industry from long time !! Another reason could be that Cisco exam fees are cheaper than Juniper exam fees.
      Anyway. Lets see what Cisco Systems going to add in newly revised CCNA exam. I bet they are going to focus more on Cisco proprietary products than IEEE standards.
      All in 1

Comment

What a great attitude to certification.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

CCNA is quite hard to get, however if you manage to finish the exam you may be proud on it.
          A passingscore of 849 points isn't easy.
          However i earned the certificate this year i didn't needed a re-exam.
          Next year I'll go for CCSP and maby later for CCIE + Security.

However, to earn CCIE you need to lockup youreself for several months in a lab enviroment. I don't know if I can find any time for that.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Yes, I do believe that the CCNA is more difficult than it used to be. Does anyone know if they have simulations in there now? I think that that would be valuable - having the candidate work on a simulated router and performing tasks.

This new CCENT seems strange to me - the whole deal.

I wonder what the motivation is for them to do that? Give people something who completed 1/2 the CCNA. Should they call it a CC.5NA (for 1/2 of the CCNA) or something? or CCNA/2 (divided by two = one half of a CCNA)

Just kidding, but still, it seems strange to me to have this new cert that was, in the past, just 1/2 (and an optional path) of the CCNA.

What does everyone else think?
            David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
            Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
            TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
            Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Personally i love cisco world but we must reconize that Cisco is primarly a market strategy and surely the best of all the time in the IT planet! I think that in this case CCNA cert path is changing according to Cisco certs business plans.
              In other words there is this is my hypothesis: in the past Cisco divided the CCNA path into two exams for making a lot of $, then probabily there was too few ppl who passed the first CCNA exams and never passed the second ending in not gaining at all the whole CCNA cert e and discouraging other ppl getting into this cert track. So is my opinion that now Cisco is getting a more easily path to CCNA for avoiding this loss of $ and making in some way ppl happy with this CCNA 1/2

Personally i think that i'll renew my CCNA because topics are about the same, maybe they are explained in more depth and some new surely will be present but the i think exam format will be the hardest part.. just start imaging new scheme question, new scenarios, new interactive lab and so on..

What do u think about this question?!

Regards

Tr3nga

Comment

Hi Tr3nga,

Thanks for your comments!

I agree - the Cisco cert's are all part of Cisco's multi-pronged marketing strategy. Because of this, I believe you are correct in saying that much of the decision with the new cert changes are directed by "business" (financial) reasons.

I'm not sure what to expect from the new CCNA format. I have always been a proponet of interactive simulations because I feel that they are realistic and I would prefer having to type on a router instead of trying to answer some crazy & poorly-worded question.

Still, who knows what to expect. I just hope the changes come with more real-world application (instead of memorizing RFC numbers or something like that).

Again, thanks for your post!
                David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
                Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
                TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
                Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Cisco should remove "adpative exam" format for newly revised CCNA exam. If a candidate fails to pass CCNA, he usually never comes again.

It's ok to keep CCSP & CCIE writeen exams adaptive where candiate can not go back and change answers. But not for CCNA probabbly.

Adaptive exam format and hardning of exams at extreme level starts leaking information about exam and it affects worldwide. I heard at some VUE, Prometriccenter, instructor sits , he captures the exam and earns money.

Corruption is everywhere. And now a days Educational institutions are the biggest corrupted places. Exception is professional certs as 1 can prepare self for those certs.
                  All in 1

Comment

Originally posted by daviddavis View Post
                    Yes, I do believe that the CCNA is more difficult than it used to be. Does anyone know if they have simulations in there now? I think that
                    Yes they still have however those aren't quite hard if you have a little of practical experience.
                    Marcel
                    Technical Consultant
                    Netherlands
                    http://www.phetios.com
                    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                    X