Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 642-552 ( New CCSP exam )

Hi Cisco geeks,
    hehe .....I am sure you all heard of recent change in 1 exam on CCSP track?
    Yeah they changed 642-551 exam. Replaced with 642-552 exam. It's a SND exam.

Anybody got books for the new exam? I done lot of searching at book store's in my city. Nobody have book for the new exam. I am now thinking of SNRS.

They added many new things in the updated syllabus. i wonder if SYBEX or Cisco press book for the new exam is available in USA.. Hey david can you enquiry in your city for the same? It's not even available at AMAZON.

Sometimes i wonder, why Cisco announce new exam. No material is available for the new exam till date in my country. How about in USA?

Thanx,
    Regards,
    Amey Abhyankar.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: 642-552 ( New CCSP exam )

Well yes, they have changed also some exams in the CCNP track which I am seeking right now.

For me in Lebanon I did not get any new book yet, waiting for the new release to start studying.
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

All 4 CCNP exams are changed. And shocking thing is still no books are available.
      Price of the books at online book stores are in US$'s which is too much for people who live outside United States & Europe. Cisco should consider this fact before announcing latest exam's. Microsoft at some level always tries to make available books of new exams. But they failed to do so when they release 70-350 exam i.e. SQL 2005 config exam.

Real fact is, Cisco Systems don't need us, We need Cisco to get certified.

Originally posted by sanvour View Post
      Well yes, they have changed also some exams in the CCNP track which I am seeking right now.

For me in Lebanon I did not get any new book yet, waiting for the new release to start studying.
      All in 1

Comment

You are right in that, and yet you have to coop with the technology.

If you do not follow up, you will be outdated.
        Best regards,
        Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Guys,

Yes, you are correct. The CCNP exams have all changed and the new exams are in effect. There is one new CCSP exam (642-551 is replaced by 642-552).

You are also correct that there isn't much material out there yet for them. To me, the best source is always the Cisco Press books but those books aren't yet available.

Here is a list of the books that Cisco Press has for these exams and when they will be coming out:
          CCNP-->
          http://www.ciscopress.com/markets/de...?st=44734&rl=1
          CCSP-->
          http://www.ciscopress.com/markets/de...?st=44730&rl=1

For the CCNP, it looks like they will all be out by May 2007 but some will come out next month (Feb).

For the CCSP, it looks like all the Cisco books are available.

For those of you who have trouble getting the physical book, what about reading it online? Have you looked at Safari? http://safari.ciscopress.com/?mode=file&file=14daysfree

It allows you to read most of the Cisco Press books online for a monthly fee. I'm not sure how that compares to the cost of buying the book.

Please keep us posted on how your CCNP & CCSP certification process goes. Which tests were most difficult for you, etc?

All the best,
          David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
          Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
          TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
          Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I did not start yet studying for my CCNP, but I can tell you that my CCNA was not easy at all.
            Best regards,
            Mostafa Itani

Comment

I'm about to start a rigorous self-study program for the CCNP and will let you guys know how it goes.

I've been tossing back and forth the idea of going for my DA first (I was told by a friend that the CCDA is the CCNA + Application of Common Sense).

Any opinions on that?

Thanks...

Comment

I am shocked to see VoIP concepts in CCNP Psyllabus. In latest track they added
                this stuff. I think rather they should add core things about routers and switches as CCNP cert is dedicated for prfessionals who work in routing, switching environment but not with VoIP solution ? What you guys say ?

Regards,
                Amey Abhyankar.
                All in 1

Comment

The main problem for me & others who live outside United States & Canada, we can not use credit card. Most people outside US & Canada & Europe, dont use credit card in general for any transaction. And the price goes too high when we swap our credit card online to subscribe. Like ebay. Its easy to rent routers from ebay., US . 1 of my friend live at USA. He ordered Cisco 2600 router and 2950,1950 switches on rent from E bay and he passed CCNA very soon. Great isnt it ? But e bay in my country dont provide such facility or any other other online company. Anyway thank you for the information.

Originally posted by daviddavis View Post

For those of you who have trouble getting the physical book, what about reading it online? Have you looked at Safari? http://safari.ciscopress.com/?mode=file&file=14daysfree

It allows you to read most of the Cisco Press books online for a monthly fee. I'm not sure how that compares to the cost of buying the book.
                  All in 1

Comment

Yeah you are right in that.
                    We need to study hard to excel man.
                    Best regards,
                    Mostafa Itani

Comment

CCNP Video Mentor:

http://www.ciscopress.com/newsletter...ni=28&st=47442

Comment

Originally posted by Sixgauge View Post
                        Thanx for the link.
                        I downloaded earlier. Good 1 . If any1 of your preparing for CCNP, must downlaod this video. Quit helpful !
                        All in 1

Comment

Working...
                        X