How can I enable Remote Assistance in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003?
Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 install the Remote Assistance feature by default.
Note: A similar feature called “Terminal Services – Remote Administration” can be installed on Windows 2000. However the Windows 2000 version lacks many of the features found in Remote Desktop.
To check your configuration:
- Go to Control Panel > System > Remote. You can also right-click My Computer (if the icon is shown on the desktop) and choose Properties.
Note: A faster way for opening up the System applet is to press the Windows logo key ÿ on your keyboard and then press Pause/Break at the same time.
- Check the Allow Users to Connect Remotely to this Computer box.
- Press the Select Remote Users button to configure who will be able to connect to the computer. The local administrator already has this power.
- Press Add and type the name or group.
- Press OK twice.
- If you made any changes, press the Apply button.
- Press OK.