What are the Windows Server 2003 Support Tools? Where can I get them from?
The Windows Server 2003 Support Tools are a set of software tools for administrators, developers, and power users to manage Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP Networks, Registry, Security, Scalability and many other areas of the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
These tools include troubleshooting operating system tools, network configuration and security-related tools, tools for managing Active Directory and automating application deployment and much more. With the use of these tools, the user is able to pin-point problematic issues with the system and will therefore be able to find a solution more easily.
I recommend that you always install the Support Tools on any copy of Windows Server 2003 that you install, plus on all the management workstations running XP that you use to manage your network from. Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP SP1 and SP2
- Windows Server 2003 SP1
Plus, 30 MB of free disk space are needed for the installation.
The Support Tools are not automatically installed when you install Windows 2003, and unless someone finds a good and stable download link, they cannot be found anywhere on the Internet. The only place for you to look for these tools is on the installation CD-ROM in the \support\tools folder.
Download the Windows 2003 SP1 Support Tools (5.2mb)
You may find these related articles of interest to you:
- Download Free Windows 2000 Resource Kit Tools
- Download GPMC
- Download IIS 6.0 Resource Kit
- Download IIS 6.0 Reskit Tools
- Download Office 2000 Reskit Tools
- Download Office System 2003 Reskit Tools
- Download Office XP Reskit Tools
- Download RDP 5.2
- Download Windows 2000 Adminpak
- Download Windows 2000 SP4 Deploy Tools
- Download Windows 2000 SP4 Support Tools
- Download Windows 2003 Adminpak
- Download Windows 2003 R2 Adminpak
- Download Windows 2003 Reskit Tools
- Download Windows 2003 Deployment Kit
- Download Windows XP Reskit Tools
- Download Windows XP SP1 Deploy Tools