Download RDP 5.2
Where can I download the Remote Desktop Connection 5.2 software (the Windows Server 2003 TS client)?
This software package will install the client portion of Remote Desktop on a computer running any of the following operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This software, when run, allows other Windows platforms to remotely connect to a computer running Windows XP Professional or Windows Server 2003. The version of this software is 5.2.3790.1830.
Note: There is a new RDP client available – read Download RDP Client 6.0.
Note: If you still need to older v5.2 client read the Download RDP 5.2 (Old Version) page.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition.
The Remote Desktop Connection software will be installed to the Program Files directory of the target computer. On Windows XP machines this package will not replace the system installed version of Remote Desktop Connection. Instead they will be installed side by side. The start menu icon for Remote Desktop Connection, however will point to the new version in the Program Files directory. This download is the same executable that is offered in Windows Server 2003 and can be used to connect to Windows XP Professional machines or other legacy Terminal Server platforms.
(Note the new Security tab and the version number)
You can get the new RDP version from any Windows Server 2003 SP1 installation – Look for it in the %systemroot%\system32\clients\tsclient folder.
You can also d/l it from my server. If any of you find the new version as a download link from Microsoft – do drop me a line.
Download RDP 5.2 (local download – 677kb)
Note: In case you cannot install the RDP client on the computer you’re working at (in situations where you don’t have the necessary rights for example) you can still connect to the TS by using the Remote Desktop Web Connection component. Read Download Remote Desktop Web Connection for Windows Server 2003 and Install Remote Desktop Web Connection on Windows Server 2003 for more info.
You might also want to read the following related articles:
- Add a new RDP Listening Port to Terminal Server
- Change Terminal Server Listening Port
- Download RDP 5.2 (Old Version)
- Download RDP Client 6.0
- Download Remote Desktop Web Connection for XP SP1
- Download Remote Desktop Web Connection for Windows Server 2003
- Enable Remote Desktop on Windows Server 2003
- Install RDP Client via GPO
- Install Remote Desktop Web Connection on Windows XP
- Install Remote Desktop Web Connection on Windows Server 2003
- Offer Remote Assistance in Windows XP/2003
- Quickly Connect to Remote Computers
- Remotely Enable Remote Desktop on Windows Server 2003
- Securing RDP/Terminal Services Communications
- Use RDP Client to Connect to a Different Port
- Use Terminal Server Client to Connect to a Different Port
- What’s Remote Desktop in Windows XP/2003?
- What’s Remote Assistance in Windows XP/2003?