Microsoft Network Monitor 3.0 is a brand new protocol analysis tool. It has been under development for about 2 years at Microsoft. You are welcome to try it out and provide feedback to us. Key features of Microsoft Network Monitor 3.0 include:
- A completely new user interface
- Real time capture and display of frames
- Simultaneous capture on multiple network adapters
- Multiple simultaneous capture sessions
- Network conversations and a tree view displaying frames by conversation
- A new script-based protocol parser language, and script-based parsers
- Support for Vista/Windows XP/Windows Server 2003
- Support for 32bit and 64bit platforms
In order to download Network Monitor 3.0 you will need to sign in to the Microsoft Connect website and participate in the product. You will then get to download Network Monitor 3.0 for free.
- Go to http://connect.microsoft.com
- Sign in with your passport account.
- Choose “Available Connections” on the left.
- Choose “Apply” for Network Monitor 3.0 (once you’ve finished with the application, the selection appears in your “My Participation” page).
- Go to the Downloads page (On the left side), and select the appropriate build 32 or 64 bit build.