Can I disable the Windows Mail splash screen in Windows Vista?
Windows Mail is the Windows Vista equivalent of Outlook Express. Although it’s got a fast search feature, good junk mail filtering and it’s got Microsoft Help and Support Newsgroups installed by default, loading it seems to be a bit slow because of the lame splash screen.
In order to disable the really crappy Windows Mail splash screen and enable Windows Mail to load up much faster do the following:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
Note: As always, before making changes to your registry you should always make sure you have a valid backup. In cases where you’re supposed to delete or modify keys or values from the registry it is possible to first export that key or value(s) to a .REG file before performing the changes.
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
- Close the registry editor.
You might also want to read the following related articles:
- Add Desktop Icons in Windows Vista
- Configure Multiple Local GPOs in Windows Vista
- Disable Local GPOs in Windows Vista
- Disable Windows Mail splash screen in Windows Vista
- Hide the Security Center Icon in Windows Vista
- Install Hebrew on Windows Vista
- Quickly Add Quick Launch Icons in Windows Vista
- Understanding Multiple Local GPOs in Windows Vista
- What’s User Account Control in Windows Vista?