Petri.com values its audience and strives to create an active and informed community of individuals interested in personal technology. We maintain the community forums so our readers have access to rich conversations and can discuss their thoughts and opinions on technology topics of interest. In doing so, Petri.com allows its readers to comment, interact with live streams, and post topics/comments to forums, in addition to other mechanisms that we provide for community engagement. By participating in the conversations on this website, you agree to follow the rules to create a civil place for discussion.
Our goal is to create a community with a high level of discussion about a wide range of topics that is applicable to all age groups. These guidelines are the baseline for conversation and we expect all members and staff of the site to uphold them; failure to do so may result in the removal of privileges from Petri.com.
- No graphic material, illegal software, or copyrighted discussion.
- Users of the site will refrain from posting pornographic or other obscene content on the site; the forums are open to all ages and we reserve the right to remove any content, for any reason, if we feel that it is not appropriate for the discussions on this site.
- No discussion of illegal software, how to obtain illegal software, or how to ‘crack’ software will be permitted.
- This includes, but is not limited to, posting links, sharing websites, chatroom names, or stores offering such content, and requesting free software.
- No racism, sexism, threatening of violence, or any derogatory remarks that attack individuals or groups of people.
- The intent of the forums is to create an open dialog that is welcoming of everyone; attacking other members of the community will not be tolerated.
- Posting on-topic
- Users who purposefully post off-topic may have their privileges removed for distracting the conversation. Off-topic content will not be tolerated and can include self-promotion, selling of content, and other forms of spam.
- Users who try to ‘hijack’ a conversation or otherwise change topics will also not be tolerated; keep comments and posts on subject.
- Avatar Abuse
- A user will not select an image for their avatar that is deemed offensive.
- News/forum/thread comments are subject to the same set of rules listed above as well as topics started by individual users.
- Respect staff and moderator decisions
- Decisions made by staff/moderators should be respected by the community. If you have an issue with an action taken by either a staff, moderator or community member, it is advised that you email a site administrator to review the decisions that have been made.
- Alternative Accounts
- If your account is banned or restricted, you are not authorized to create a new account on Petri.com. If a duplicate account is uncovered, it will be banned upon discovery.
- Dispute Resolution
- If a dispute is brought to the attention of administrators, their ruling is final.
Petri.com and BWW Media Group reserve the right to change or alter these community guidelines at any time without notice; contact requests can be submitted here.