How can I allow more than 2 simultaneous downloads in IE 6?
To configure IE to allow up to 10 simultaneous downloads (it only allows 2 at a time) do the following:
- Open Registry Editor.
- In Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key:
- On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
You can change 0000000a to any other value as long as it’s hexadecimal.
- Close the registry editor.
Download this .reg file and double click it to merge it to your registry. The file will allow for a maximum of 10 simultaneous downloads.
You may find these related articles of interest to you:
- Add Spell Checking to Internet Explorer
- Disable Automatic Image Resizing in IE 6
- Open in Regedit in Internet Explorer
- Quickly Change Font Size in Internet Explorer
- Reinstall Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP