Download Microsoft PowerShell 1.0 Installation Packages for Windows 2003 SP1, Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows PowerShell is a new command-line shell and scripting language built on the Microsoft .NET Framework that is designed for system administration and automation. PowerShell lets IT professionals and developers control and automate the administration of Windows and applications.
PowerShell includes the following features:
- More than 130 command-line tools (also called "cmdlets") that can be used for performing common system administration tasks and for using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). These cmdlets are designed to be easy to learn and easy to use with standard naming conventions and common parameters, and simple tools for piping, sorting, filtering, and formatting data and objects.
- Support for existing scripting languages, existing command-line tools, and multiple versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows Server code name “Longhorn".
- Features that enable users to navigate data stores, like the registry and certificate stores, as if they were a file system.
- Standard utilities for managing Windows data in different stores and formats, including Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Component Object Model (COM) objects, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), HTML, and XML.
- Sophisticated expression parsing and .NET Framework object manipulation at the command line, including pipelining of objects help IT professionals to work more efficiently and effectively.
- An extensible interface that enables independent software vendors and enterprise developers to build custom cmdlets to meet unique application and system administration requirements.
Windows PowerShell 1.0 runs on Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1 and now (finally) - Windows Vista, and is supported on x86-based, x64-based, and Itanium-based systems.
To download Powershell, just visit Microsoft's page entitled: How to Download Windows Powershell